Drug Abuse: Efforts Under Way to Determine Treatment Outcomes: T-HEHS-00-60
- Drug Abuse Treatment: Efforts Under Way to Determine Effectiveness of State Programs: HEHS-00-50. // GAO Reports;2/15/2000, p1
The federal governments spends hundreds of millions of dollars on drug abuse treatment through the substance abuse prevention and treatment block grant program. Although the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) monitors state expenditures to determine whether block...
- (GRANTS) Drug Treatment Grants Going to States, Tribes. // Community Health Funding Week;4/22/2011, p6
The article presents information on the U.S. Substance Abuse & Mental Health Administration's Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment program. It is stated that 10 million dollars funding with 6 grants of roughly 1.6 million dollars is expected for the program. It is mentioned...
- `HHS DRUG TREATMENT SUPPORT: IS SAMHSA OPTIMIZING RESOURCES?'. // NCADD Washington Report;Mar2000, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on whether the United States Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration is optimizing its resources for drug treatment support, a topic of a hearing in the House of Representatives.
- (HEALTH) HHS Offers Grants Will Fund Peer-Based Services. // Children & Youth Funding Report;11/20/2009, p8
The article presents information on Peer-to-Peer Recovery Support Services program of the U.S. Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). The program, administered by SAMHSA's Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT), provides grants to organizations that support...
- SAMHSA study shows federal prevention, treatment works. // Alcoholism Report;Oct97, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p1
Presents the findings of the National Treatment Improvement Evaluation Study, conducted for the US Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), on the effectiveness of federally funded drug treatment programs in the United States. Decline in drug and alcohol related...
- Treatment Policy... What Treatment Policy? Stoil, Michael J. // Behavioral Health Management;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the `1997 Treatment Episode Data Set' report, released by the United States (US) Substance and Mental Health Services Administration, which deals with drug abuse treatment. Comments from Barry McCaffrey, director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy, on heroin; Treatment...
- (SUBSTANCE ABUSE) SAMHSA Allocates $10.5M for Teens, Families. // Community Health Funding Week;3/12/2010, p27
The article reports on the funding program, "Family Centered Substance Abuse Treatment Grants for Adolescents and their Families, " initiated by the U.S. Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Domestic public and private nonprofit entities, state and local governments,...
- SAMHSA reorganization legislation to be introduced. // NCADD Washington Report;Feb99, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the introduction of a legislation that will reorganize the United States Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration.
- Current List of Laboratories and Instrumented Initial Testing Facilities Which Meet Minimum Standards To Engage in Urine Drug Testing for Federal Agencies. Cook, Janine Denis // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;5/2/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 85, p26022
The article lists the laboratories and the instrumented initial testing facilities issued by the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration which are engaged in urine drug testing for federal agencies.