Gun Control Protects Dogma, Not People
- Bang, bang, we're dead. Clarke, Kevin // U.S. Catholic;May99, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p39
Reports on the increasing number of gun-related deaths in the United States and the ease of owning a gun. Rate of firearm deaths according to a survey by Centers for Disease Control; Study made by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF); Limits on the number of weapons a person can...
- Citizen militias spring up. // Human Events;7/22/94, Vol. 50 Issue 28, p16
Reports on the establishment of citizen militias in four counties in Florida as response to state and federal gun control laws. Statement against assault on gun ownership; Santa Rosa County, Escambia, Okaloosa and Walton; Debate on the precise scope of the rights granted under the Second Amendment.
- VIEWPOINT. LINDEN, TIMOTHY // Washington Informer;4/18/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 27, p7
The article presents the views of several residents of Maryland and Washington, D.C. regarding the gun control reform developed to prevent mass shootings including Tiffany Hawkins, Janique Parrott and Gordon Burnett.
- Bad Verdicts Make Bad Law. Richman, Sheldon // Human Events;09/24/99, Vol. 55 Issue 35, p19
Analyzes the spate of jury verdicts in the Unites States holding manufacturers responsible for the harmful consequences of their products. Ethics of self-responsibility in gun verdicts; Health issue in the advertising of cigarette companies; Role of the United States Federal Trade Commission in...
- Contemplating Littleton. Hughes, John // Christian Science Monitor;4/29/99, Vol. 91 Issue 107, p11
Discusses gun control and violence in the United States. Ease with which a person can buy a gun; Proposals for tougher gun control laws in the US as a result of the school shooting in Littleton, Colorado; Schools and the problem of teenage violence; Need for strong families; Impact of violent...
- A `silent march.' // Newsweek;10/3/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 14, p48
Pictures some of the shoes of shooting victims which were lined up at the Capitol Reflecting Pool as a reminder of the 38,000 Americans killed by guns each year.
- Century marks. // Christian Century;10/31/2006, Vol. 123 Issue 22, p6
Summaries of articles from various sources are presented that are related to the topic of Christianity. An article from the "Boston Globe" talks about U.S. foreign aid being channeled through religious organizations. An article reports on a retirement community run by a Catholic church that is...
- A dangerous gun show. Barone, Michael // U.S. News & World Report;05/31/99, Vol. 126 Issue 21, p30
Examines the views of gun-control advocates in the United States and the shortcomings of their proposed solutions to gun violence. The marginal difference proposed laws about gun control would make; Problems faced by reformers on other issues, such as abortion and campaign finance reform;...
- Rationalizing Gutlessness on Guns (UPDATED). DIONNE JR., E. J. // Moderate Voice;7/26/2012, p7
The article discusses the gun regulation in the U.S. It states that debates with regards to the effectiveness of the gun regulation were rationalized with academic studies' citations, offering inconclusive or mixed verdicts. Meanwhile, it suggests the need to give attention to those with mental...