Tax Administration: IRS Issued Advanced Child Tax Credit Payments on Time but Should Study Lessons Learned: GAO-04-372
- Financial Management: Some DOD Contractors Abuse the Federal Tax System with Little Consequence: GAO-04-95. // GAO Reports;2/12/2004, p1
GAO was asked to determine (1) the magnitude of unpaid federal taxes owed by Department of Defense (DOD) contractors, (2) whether indications exist of abuse or criminal activity by DOD contractors related to the federal tax system, (3) whether DOD and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) have...
- GASB paper explores basic differences in accounting. Cheney, Glenn // Accounting Today;5/1/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p16
Deals with a study conducted by the U.S. Governmental Accounting Standards Board on the difference of governmental accounting and financial reporting with the financial assessments of private companies. Implications of the study for issues concerning taxation in the country; Total of state and...
- Frank Talk from Basel. // Banking;Sep69, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p66
Presents the comments of the Bank for International Settlements in its 1968-69 report on how some countries have been managing their financial affairs. Causes of inflation in Great Britain; Purpose of the U.S. for increasing taxes; Contribution of inflation in the imbalances in international...
- Announcement 99-11. Magaw, John W. // Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms Quarterly Bulletin;06/16/99-09/16/99, Vol. 3, p33
Provides information on the announcement on the year 2000 advisory for payment of taxes in the United States. Background; Industry contingency planning for internal systems; Emergency provisions; Intervening laws.
- Withholding Tax Riles Government Contractors. Prysock, Mark // Financial Executive;Nov2006, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p65
The article focuses on the Tax Increase Prevention and Reconciliation Act of 2005 and its effect on government contractors. It states that Section 511 of the bill mandates that U.S. federal, state, and local governments are to withhold three percent from payments for goods and services,...
- Tax Freedom Day for 2003 is April 19--11 days earlier than in 2000. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/28/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p26
Focuses on Tax Freedom Day, a day when people in the U.S. have earned enough money to pay off their total tax bill for the year. Factors that should be considered to make the average American tax burden lighter; Tax Freedom Day in Utah in 2003; History of tax burdens in the U.S.
- Last-Minute Tips for Saving Tax Dollars. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;1/1/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p30
Provides tips on saving tax dollars in the U.S.
- IRS issues guidance on timing of penalty-free IRA education... // CPA Journal;Jan1998, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 in the United States. Withdrawals permitted by the act for IRA owners; Guidance issued by the IRA about the effective date of the provision; Qualifying expenses.
- Inside the New Schedule M-3. Castellano, Donna // CPA Journal;Sep2006, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p48
The article focuses on developing an action plan for corporate taxation compliance. The process of readying a corporate tax department for Schedule M-3 compliance entails several crucial steps including the identification of the tasks necessary to adjust the tax department such as information...