NUCLEAR POWER: BUILDING UP STEAM
- Safety Performance Evaluation of Nuclear Power Station Containment. Yulan Wang // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 672-674, p418
Nuclear energy as an economical, safe and clean energy is being increasingly concerned, and nuclear power stations have also been widely built in the world. However, because of the impact from nuclear events, the safety of nuclear power station has been suspected by the public. First, the...
- The British Program of Nuclear Power. H. A. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jun1955, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p224
The article presents the summary of the provisional plan of producing a substantial proportion of electricity needs through nuclear power by 1965 in Great Britain. This plan is set to produce twelve power reactors in the next ten years, and provides an indication of likely developments in the...
- Power failure. Coupe, George; Coppinger, Rob // Engineer (00137758);11/07/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7639, p8
No abstract available.
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Jan2003, p111
Focuses on electric power generation by nuclear energy in the United States. Net generation in October 2002; Number of operable nuclear generating units; Construction permits for additional units; Capacity factor; Nuclear share of electricity net generation.
- Nuclear Power, Not 'Green' Jobs For a Sustained Economic Recovery. // 21st Century Science & Technology;2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3/4, p2
The article presents author's comments on the importance of nuclear power for economic recovery. The author informs that the world needs 6000 new nuclear plants by the year 2050, just to make sure that everyone in the world has electricity. The author says that environmentalism as promoted today...
- The Future of Nuclear Power. Ahearne, John F. // American Scientist;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p24
Analyzes the future of the nuclear power in the U.S. as of January 1993. Problems facing the nuclear power industry; Importance of nuclear power to the electricity generation in the country; Discussion on the cost of building a power plant.
- NUCLEAR CIVIL ASSET. // Down to Earth;2/16/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p48
The comic strip "Nuclear Civil Asset" is presented.
- ATOMIC POWER. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jun1960, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p224
The article reports developments related to nuclear energy industry in the U.S. Results of a study of the economic advantages of nuclear power reactors at various remote military sites were released by the Atomic Energy Commission on April 4, 1960. At four of the sites studied, nuclear power...
- Nuclear cart put before horse. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;12/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on the British government's energy review that will produce a decision whether the construction of new nuclear power plants will be part of the power generation plan of the government. However, it seems that the government might have been rushed into the review. The energy...