- Have Gun Won't Travel. Sullum, Jacob // Reason;Mar2006, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p11
The article focuses on the Gun Free School Zones Act which prohibits the possession of firearms within the schools in the United States. The Supreme Court overturned the law because it exceeded the authority of the Congress to regulate interstate commerce. According to an analysis by gun control...
- Open Carry law comes to Texas. // Wilson County News;1/13/2016, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p5D
The article offers information on open carry law which went into effect from January 1, 2016 and mentions advise given by Alan Korwin, experts on the Second Amendment and gun rights, on acting natural around police and gunfire.
- How states regulate guns. Carroll, James // State Government News;Sep2001, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p37
Examines the regulations and legislation implemented by state governments in the United States about the carrying of concealed weapons. Comparison of the may-issue and shall-issue types of laws on carrying concealed weapons; States which imposed the waiting period for handgun purchases mandated...
- Gun Control in the United States: A Comparative Survey of State Firearm Laws. // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Fall2000, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p16
Presents a comparative survey of state firearm laws in the United States. Factors complicating the connection between gun laws and gun injury; Ten top-rated states in the study; Comparison of state and federal gun laws; Undermining of strict gun laws in one state with the permissive laws of...
- Gun control -- a viable solution? Barton, Joe // Fort Worth Business Press;06/30/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p31
Comments on the gun control measures being considered in the United States Congress, including the conduct of background checks for firearm transfers in gun shows and the use of child-proof trigger locks with handguns. Burden imposed by the measures on law-abiding gun owners; Hazards associated...
- FACT-FREE GUN POLICY. Cook, Philip J.; Ludwig, Jens // University of Pennsylvania Law Review;Apr2003, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p1329
Comments on the cost of a fact-free gun policy. Impact of the gun policy on the real world; Views on gun control measures; History of the gun control legislation.
- Guns r us. Buchsbaum, Herbert // Scholastic Update;2/11/94, Vol. 126 Issue 9, p18
Addresses the issue of gun violence and gun control. Statistical information on gun violence; Cases involving gun violence; Background information on gun ownership; Importance of a gun control; Correlation of gun control with gun violence Summary of views and comments on the issue.
- SCOPE OF EXISTING STATE FIREARMS LAWS. // Congressional Digest;Dec66, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p291
Focuses on scope of various state laws related to firearms control in the United States. Categorization of state firearms law in four classes; Description of these four classes of state firearms law; Provisions of the state laws related to firearms control.
- Constitutional federalism. // State Legislatures;Dec96, Vol. 22 Issue 10, The State's Advocate p3
Discusses the challenges made on the constitutionality of the 1993 Brady Act regulating firearm purchases in the United States. Requirement for background checks; Basis of challenges on court ruling in `New York vs. United States'; Arguments against Brady law.