- Medicare Meaningful Use in a MACRA World. Hettiger, Stacey P. // Michigan Medicine;Jan/Feb2017, Vol. 116 Issue 1, p10
Several questions and answers related to the Merit-Based Payment System (MIPS) for Medicare payment are presented including investment in Certified Electronic Health Record Technology (CEHRT), the need to attest if the Medicare Meaningful use (MU) is going away and requirement for the Advancing...
- Bad Prescription. SULLIVAN, KIP // Washington Monthly;Mar99, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p27
Discusses a proposal to privatize Medicare. Committee established by the United States Congress to examine the Medicare `crisis'; Reason the claims that Medicare is going bankrupt is misleading; Significance of the proposal.
- Medicare According to Bush: Don't Use that "P" Word. Scott, Jeanne Schulte // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Mar2003, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the plans of President George W. Bush to substantially privatize medicare and direct beneficiaries in the U.S. by the year 2006. Failure to maintain reimbursement to the private insurers; Impact of managed care health plans on senior citizens; Lack of prescription drug coverage.
- Savings plan. Tieman, Jeff // Modern Healthcare;4/21/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p10
Focuses on the debate on the privatization of Medicare. Information on the proposed restructuring of Medicare program; Concerns of Senator Max Baucus of Montana regarding the privatization of Medicare; Comments on health plans' interest in improving the quality of Medicare.
- Wrong Path. // Commonweal;5/6/2011, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p5
The author expresses his views on issues related to the national debt of the U.S. in 2011. According to Republicans, debt is considered as the most serious problem of the country. In order to address the issue, U.S. House Republicans passed a budget plan that would minimize debt through the...
- Common ground, shared interests: Thoughts on Canadian and U.S. health care. Gresham, Lynn // Employee Benefit News;8/1/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p9
Focuses on the benefits offered by privatization of insurance system in Canada for insurers in the U.S. Impact of insurance privatization on medicare system of Canada; Signifigance of Canadian Supreme Court decision reversing the ban on private health insurance sales; Concern of Canadians about...
- What Now for Medicare Reform? Scott, Jeanne Schulte // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2000, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p28
Presents information on several proposed Medicare reforms in the United States. Additional premium support to low income families; Complete privatization of Medicare.
- Private equity groups making their presence known as deals emerge. Andrews, John // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Sep2012, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p5
The article offers information on private equity groups in the U.S. It informs that private equity is aggressively deploying capital by providing funding to operators with solid track records. They are focusing on the private pay side and less on the skilled side because of the continual...
- What physicians need to know to ensure their Medicare patients get the drugs they need. // Geriatrics;Apr2006, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p19
Presents suggestions for physicians to ensure their Medicare patients get the drugs they need. Details of the Medicare's drug benefit (Part D), an outpatient prescription drug coverage available only through private companies; Information that can help patient find a lower cost plan that covers...