THE POLITICS OF HATE
- Howard condemns BNP as 'thungs'. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;2/27/2004, p16
Focuses on the criticism of conservative leader Michael Howard against British National Party (BNP) speaking in Burnley, Lancashire. Description on the policies of the BNP; Comments of Howard on the immigration policy of the government; Implication for the release of plans restricting benefit...
- In brief. // New Statesman & Society;11/3/95, Vol. 8 Issue 377, p7
Reports that all sides of industry in Great Britain will protest the plan of Home Secretary Michael Howard to introduce immigration checks at the workplace. Drive against `bogus' asylum-seekers and illegal immigrants; Concerns expressed by union l eaders; Unjustifiable burden on employers.
- No Place Like Home. Markovic, Sasa // Transitions Online;6/21/2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the deportation of refugees from Germany to Serbia and Montenegro in 2004. Factors behind the deportation of the refugees; Reason behind the decision of some refugees to return to their own country; Problems faced by the returnees.
- Fortress Denmark? Polakow-Suransky, Sasha // American Prospect;6/3/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the election campaign in Denmark in November 2001. Campaign against immigration and refugees; List of political parties; Political platform of the Danish People's Party (DPP); Opposition of DPP to Danish membership in the European Union.
- Demands and Anxiety: The Effects of the New Immigration Law. Wolchok, Carol Leslie // Human Rights;Spring97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the effects of the new U.S. immigration law approved on September 30, 1996. The U.S. Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act authorizes the summary rejection of arriving asylum seekers and international travelers, eliminates due process protections from...
- Churches in Canada defend sanctuaries. // Christian Century;9/7/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 18, p18
Reports on the condemnation by churches in Canada of the accusations of Federal Immigration and Citizenship Minister Judy Sgro that churches provide sanctuary to people who are facing threats of deportation. Protection of refugee claimants by churches in the country; Response of several...
- Caribbean immigration spills to U.S. Raymond, Amanda D. // Charlotte Post;7/30/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 47, p1A
No abstract available.
- Immigration Refugees and Forced Migration. Kerry Murphy, Kerry // Sydney Law Review;Dec2011, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p855
The article presents information on forced migration and the immigration of refugees in Australia. It discusses the migration law in Australia and states that over 500 sections are present in the Migration Act 1958. It further discusses the migration policy and the disputes between the political...
- Abschiebepolitik im Spannungsfeld des liberal-demokratischen Paradoxons: ErmessensspielrÃ¤ume in asylrechtlichen Ausweisungsentscheidungen. Welz, Judith; Winkler, Jakob // OZP-Oesterreichische Zeitschrift fÃ¼r Politikwissenschaft;2014, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p169
Deportations as well as the preceding expulsion procedures take place within the so called liberal-democratic paradox, which refers to the tension between national interests and universal human rights. The article addresses this tension by empirically studying the weighing of public interests...