A Pediatric Perspective on Vegetarian Nutrition
- Meatless in the Mainstream. Roberts Jr., William A. // Prepared Foods;Mar2002, Vol. 171 Issue 3, p23
Reports on the growth of the vegetarian food market in the United States. Factors attributed to the growth of the vegetarian food market in the country; Information on the most popular meat alternatives in the country; Outlook on the market for soy milks.
- 30-minute recipes. // Vegetarian Times;Jun2004, Issue 322, p23
Presents vegetarian recipes, including Cheese Ravioli with Grape Tomatoes, Open-Faced Portobello Sandwiches and Cheese and Bean Quesadillas.
- REACHING OUT TO THE YOUNGER GENERATION. Wasserman, Debra; Stahler, Charles // Vegetarian Journal;2007, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p4
The article focuses on the experiment conducted by the Vegetarian Resource Group (VRG) concerning vegetarian foods. The experiment was made with 8-9 year old four non vegetarian boys in an overnight vegetable birthday party. Through the experiment it was revealed that a simple vegetarian menu...
- Diner Sandwiches Revisited. Daniels-Zeller, Debra // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p14
Presents recipes for vegetarian sandwiches. Roasted Smoky Eggplant Sandwich; Portabello Burgers with Sliced Tomatoes and Spicy Tofu Sour 'Cream'; Tempeh Joes; Veggie Reuben Subs; Warm Canellini Beans, Squash, and Roasted Pepper on Black Bread; Barbecue Lentil Loaf Sandwiches; Open-Faced Seitan...
- HOW TO HOLD THE MEAT: SOUPS AND BURGERS. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p82
Offers tips on creating a vegetarian soup and burger menu. Points to consider in using ready-to-use vegetarian burgers; Variety of flavors that can be used on soups; Products that can serve as thickeners in soups; Spices that can be added on soups.
- HOT, FAST SANDWICHES. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p20
Presents suggestions for easy-to-make vegetarian sandwiches. Smothered kraut and dog; Mediterranean mushroom; Southwestern mushroom; Vegan peanut butter; Hot club sandwich.
- IT'S TIME TO GO VEGGIE! // Women's Fitness;Feb2017, Issue 162, Special section p4
The article discusses the health benefits of being a vegetarian. Topics discussed include the environmental and health factors that prompt people to become vegetarians, the foods that can help people transition from a meat diet to a vegetarian diet, such as seitan, portabello mushrooms and...
- KID-FRIENDLY CHICKENLESS NUGGETS. // All Animals;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p36
A recipe for child-friendly chickenless nuggets is presented.
- Should kids be vegetarians? Gallia, Katherine; Althoff, Susanne // Natural Health;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on the issue of whether children should be given vegetarian diets. Fiber in vegetarian dishes as leading to deficiencies in nutrients such as vitamin B; Need for parents to plan and prepare nutritionally complete plant-based meals.