- The road to recovery: a new way of thinking about the Endangered Species Act Cheever, Federico // Ecology Law Quarterly;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Endangered species bill. Barlas, S. // Underground Construction;Nov97, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p6
Describes the changes proposed in the endangered species reform bill in the United States. Emergency repairs that may be done by gas pipelines in endangered species areas.
- The northwest's showsown: Murrelets vs. millworkers. Knickerbocker, Brad // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/95, Vol. 87 Issue 137, p1
Discusses the likely amendments of the Endangered Species Act. Relationship between damage to biological diversity and human activities; Problems for the agencies dealing with protecting endangered species.
- NWF helps defeat latest attempts to gut endangered species act. // International Wildlife;Nov92, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p25
Discusses recent Congressional efforts, aided by the National Wildlife Federation (NWF), that have beaten back efforts to weaken the Endangered Species Act. The attempts were made via amendments to Interior Department appropriation bills.
- NWF helps deflate endangered species extinction effort. // International Wildlife;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 23 Issue 1, Wildlife Digest p27
Reveals that a Capitol Hill information blitz by the National Wildlife Federation (NWF) helped weaken support for an Endangered Species Act `reform' bill that NWF says was intended to gut the law. Co-sponsors of bill numbered 21; The Studds-Dingell bill, which would reauthorize and strengthen...
- Dead or alive. Chadwick, Douglas H. // National Geographic;Mar95, Vol. 187 Issue 3, p2
Focuses on issues surrounding the reauthorization of the 1973 Endangered Species Act. Costs and benefits that need to be considered; Dependence of the survival of many endangered species on the controversial law; Efforts to restore and stabilize animal populations; Success of some protection...
- Saving the Endangered Species Act. Rancou, L.M. // National Parks;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 66 Issue 3/4, p28
Looks ahead to the upcoming congressional battle over reauthorization of the Endangered Species Act. Conservationists versus mining, timber, development and other interests seeking to reduce the act's effectiveness; Need to protect subspecies; Endangered animals and plants in Hawaii, Florida...
- Endangered species update. // Outdoor Life;Aug95, Vol. 196 Issue 2, p14
Presents an update on the reauthorization of the Endangered Species Act (ESA). Concern of environmentalists over attempts to restore several endangered species; Complaints from rural and wilderness landowners; Hearings of the House Endangered Species Act Task Force; Arguments for and against...
- One leg to stand on: The treaty power and congressional authority for the Endangered Species Act... Villareal, Gavin R. // Texas Law Review;Apr98, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p1125
Examines the 1973 Endangered Species Act (ESA) of the United States. Foundations of congressional authority for the ESA; Two classes of protective wildlife in the ESA; Explanation of the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Commerce Clause; Implication of the Commerce Clause to the Act.