Putting sex in context: sex and relationships education in schools
- Sex education failing. // Education (14637073);5/3/2002, Issue 55, pN.PAG
Reports on the failure of sex education in most English schools to teach pupils about parenthood, relationships and sexually transmitted disease. Decline in the number of pupils who identified parents as their main source of information about sexual relationships; Rate of teenage birth in Great...
- BRITAIN: SEX EDUCATION UNDER FIRE. Slater, Jon // UNESCO Courier;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 53 Issue 7/8, p17
Focuses on the debate over the efforts of the government of Great Britain to improve sex education. Significance of reducing the number of teenage pregnancies; Statistics on teenage pregnancies; Role of teachers in reducing the rate of teenage pregnancies.
- Chastity programs shatter sex-ed myths. Napier, Kristine // Policy Review;May/Jun97, Issue 83, p12
Looks at the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, an initiative to reduce teen pregnancy in the United States. Rates of teen pregnancy; How parents can help their children avoid premature pregnancy; Information on several programs concerning sexual education. INSETS: Your word is...
- "Efficacy of Infant Simulator Programs to Prevent Teenage Pregnancy: A School-Based Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial in Western Australia". // Education Week;1/18/2017, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p5
The article focuses on a study in Australian schools which found that infant simulator programs aimed to prevent teenage pregnancy may have the opposite effect.
- Point: Sex Education is an Effective way of Reducing the Risks Associated with Sex. Pulsifer, Andrew; Clydesdale, Jacqui // Canadian Points of View: Sex Education;2016, p2
The article presents an argument for sex education. The author argues that programs reduce teenage pregnancy rates, raise awareness concerning sexually transmitted diseases, and provide information that improves student self-confidence. Methods of teaching sex eduction to students from different...
- EDUCACIÃ“N DE LA SEXUALIDAD Y EMBARAZO PRECOZ EN LA ADOLESCENTE. Faúndez, Javier Muñoz // Horizontes Educacionales;2004, Issue 9, p65
No abstract available.
- Sex Education in the School and College Curricula: Need of the Hour. DATTA, SHIB SEKHAR; MAJUMDER, NILRATAN // Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research;Sep2012, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p1362
The authors discuss sex education at public schools and colleges in India. They comment on challenges posed by a reluctance to publicly discuss sex-related issues and a concern that sex education may promote sexuality among school children. They suggest that sex education could have a positive...
- Pregnancy project raises aspirations. // Children & Young People Now;4/3/2012, p34
The article presents a case study of the teenage pregnancy reduction programme that aims to improve raise the aspirations of the youth and improve their wellbeing in London and North West England. Workshops are conducted to boost self-esteem and improve the sexual health literacy of youth people...
- Targeted sex education pays dividends. Hunt, Louise // Community Care;6/23/2011, Issue 1869, p20
The article presents information on the youth outreach nurse specialist (Yons) service in Reading, England, to check high teenage pregnancy rates. The increased uptake of long acting reversible contraception (Larcs) was one of the objectives of this outreach service. Karen Suvarna, nurse...