Boys-only groups best for effective sex education
- Let's talk about sex. Bates, Jane // Nursing Standard;11/30/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p28
The article discusses whether nurses should be taught to give sex education as part of pre-registration training. It suggests that health promotion and education, including sex education, should definitely he part of student training as Great Britain has the highest rate of teenage pregnancy in...
- Sex education role expansion for school nurses. // Primary Health Care;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the assignment of greater role to school nurses in sex education by the government in Great Britain. Efforts of the government to reduce the incidents of teenage pregnancy; Inadequacy on the lessons on sex and relationship delivered by teachers; Advantages on the assignment of school...
- Sex Education: Where Does It Stand? // Education Digest;Nov1966, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p17
The article focuses on issues related to sex education in the U.S. Increasingly, schools in the country are making sex instruction part of science and health curriculums, starting in kindergarten with a continuing course on personal health and family living. Actual sex instruction usually comes...
- 'UNDER-12S HAVE SEX ONE NIGHT AND PLAY WITH BARBIE DOLLS THE NEXT' Harrison, Sarah // Nursing Standard;6/8/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p14
Focuses on the role of nurses in reducing the number of teenage pregnancy in Great Britain. Offer of information and resources for contraception; Elimination of factors affecting the inability of school nurses to help educate teenagers about sex and pregnancy; Launch of the campaign with the aim...
- 'Straight talking nurses are the best at giving information on sexual health issues' // Nursing Standard;3/10/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p28
Discusses the role of nurses in giving information on sexual health issues in Great Britain. Contraception; HIV infections; Sex education for teenagers.
- Sickness + health. Davis, Hazel // Secondary Teachers;2009, Issue 64, p22
The article presents the job profile of Andrea Scholey who is a school nurse for two secondary schools and 12 primary schools in the Barnsley, England. Scholey has been working as a school nurse for nine years. She teaches a series of sex and relationship lessons with Holgate Secondary School's...
- ABSTINENCE-ONLY SEX EDUCATION IS NOT ENOUGH. // USA Today Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 129 Issue 2668, p7
Focuses on the results of a study conducted by The Alan Guttmacher Institute which focused on sexual education teachers in the United States.
- Is sex and relationships education taken 'less seriously'? White, Daniel // British Journal of School Nursing;Apr2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p111
The article offers information on the Sex Education Forum which discusses the lack of assessment and evaluation within personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education resulting from the ineffective delivery of sex and relationships education (SRE).
- Sickness + health. Davis, Hazel // Primary Teachers;Sep2009, Issue 64, p22
The article profiles Andrea Scholey, a school nurse for two secondary schools and 12 primary schools in the Barnsley area, England. Aside from giving plasters and pills, it mentions that Andrea's job also extends by providing lesson on sex and relationships. Further, aside from sex education,...