The buck stops ... WHERE?
- Court of last resort for altering fund-raising? Richey, Warren // Christian Science Monitor;11/16/98, Vol. 90 Issue 246, p4
Reports that the United States Supreme Court are considering taking up two cases that could facilitate a rewrite of its landmark decision of 1976 that laid the groundwork for the way politicians raise and spend campaign money. The Cincinnati, Ohio ordinance that limits the amount a city council...
- Discord over union funding. Frey, Rod // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/15/93, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p13
States that on January 26, a motion by Lillian Staroszic to draft an amendment to the election disclosure bylaw was passed, intended to discourage large campaign donations by special interest groups. How absence of Edmonton Mayor Jan Reimer and Alderman Tooker Gomberg affected passing of...
- Stopping the buck here. Krasno, Jonathan S.; Green, Donald Philip // Brookings Review;Spring93, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p16
Advocates campaign spending limits in House elections in the United States and asserts that this campaign finance reform will benefit both challengers and incumbents. Republicans for unlimited spending; Proposed ceilings; Analyst Gary Jacobson's model; Effects of public financing; Partisan...
- Campaign Finance Reform. // Congressional Digest;Oct90, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p226
Summarizes the decades-long controversy over the issue of campaign funding and costs and the vastly different House and Senate campaign finance bills.
- Evolution of Campaign Finance Reform. // Congressional Digest;Oct90, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p227
Traces the evolution of campaign finance reform in Congress from 1907's Tillman Act to current proposals.
- Summary of Major Bills. // Congressional Digest;Oct90, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p231
Summarizes House bill H.R. 5400 and Senate bill S. 137 on Federal election campaign funding and spending.
- Recent Action in the Congress. // Congressional Digest;Oct90, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p235
Summarizes recent action in the Congress on campaign spending in S. 137 and H.R. 5400.
- Campaign finance reform. // Congressional Digest;Mar1992, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p67
Discusses the growing support for congressional campaign reform. Looks at loopholes in current legislation and abuses of loopholes.
- Recent action in the Congress. // Congressional Digest;Mar1992, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p77
Summarizes recent action in the 102nd Congress regarding campaign finance reform. Provides background information on Senate and House actions and an outlook on passage of the legislation.