- Federal Judge Refuses To Dismiss Claims Against Arkansas School District for Homophobic Harassment of Student. Wursthorn, Eric J. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Apr2009, p62
The article discusses a court case wherein the federal judge in 2009 refused to dismiss claims against Arkansas School District for homophobic harassment of a middle school student. The causes of action against the Fayetteville School District was asserted by the plaintiffs. The defendant...
- Lawsuit Claims Charleston Teacher Bullied Student. // Between the Lines (10807551);9/12/2013, Issue 2137, p13
The article informs that mother of a West Ashley High School male student has sued the Charleston County School District affiliated school teacher of bullying her son by constantly calling him gay and allowing students to pick on him which developed suicidal tendencies in the student.
- Schools work to reduce liabilities over bullying. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;4/19/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p1
The article focuses on a possible increase in litigation against U.S. school districts as a result of the publicized suicide of a Massachusetts teenager Phoebe Prince and an 800,000-dollar award to a student, both were allegedly bullied. Among the charges filed by prosecutors against...
- Ohio family sues school for anti-Semitism, bullying. // New Jersey Jewish News;11/17/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 46, p29
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by a family of a girl against officials at Green High School in Ohio for bullying and anti-Semitic attacks.
- Former Kansas Student Wins Settlement in Bullying Case. // Education Week;1/4/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p5
The article reports that small-town teenager in Kansas, Dylan Theno, who was bullied for years by classmates because they believed he was gay has been awarded $440,000 in a settlement. Dylan sued in May 2004 claiming that he was harassed with homophobic slurs from 7th grade until he quit school...
- Were phony homosexual taunts harassment or just bullying? // Legal Alert for Supervisors;7/13/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 172, p1
The article discusses the court case, Wasek v. Arriw Energy Service LLC, which focuses on the homosexual harassment of the company against the employee.
- 'Anonymous' harassment: How to respond when harasser is faceless and nameless. // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Feb2010, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p3
The article presents a court case that deals when employees are being harassed via scrawled words in the work place.
- LEGAL BRIEFINGS. Hall, James E.; Kobata, Mark T.; Denis, Marty // Workforce Management;Mar2010, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses several court cases related to the workplace harrasment.
- Make sure your harassment 'cure' doesn't make the condition worse. // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Jul2011, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p2
The article discusses the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit case EEOC v. Cromer Food Services Inc. which discusses the employee harassment. INSET: Third-party harassment?.