Section 8. Nuclear Energy
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Sep99, p103
Provides information in tabular and graphical representations showing the nuclear generating units produced from 1973 to June 1999.
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Apr2001, p109
Presents news on nuclear energy trade in the U.S. as of April 2001. Number of nuclear facilities; Facts on the production of nuclear energy; Types of net capacity rating in nuclear energy.
- Spain: no nuclear new build. // Utility Week;7/25/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the contribution of nuclear power to the energy mix of Spain. Termination of plans to build nuclear facilities; Remarks from energy minister Jose Folgado.
- Nuclear debate goes critical in Japan. Triendl, Robert // Nature;3/20/1997, Vol. 386 Issue 6622, p209
Discusses the significance of a fire and subsequent explosion at a nuclear fuel recycling plant at Tokai village in Japan. Criticisms of the response by the Japanese government and the Power Reactor and Nuclear Fuel Development Corporation (PNC); Comments from Japan's prime minister Ryutaro...
- SURPRISE: NUCLEAR BUSINESS IS A WINNER. Zink, John C. // Power Engineering;Apr2000, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p18
Offers a look at the mergers and buyouts among nuclear equipment manufacturers in the United States. Role of nuclear utilities in the business environment; Plans of Entergy to acquire more units; Problems associated with nuclear power economics.
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Oct99, p103
Presents information on the condition of United States nuclear generating units in July 1999. Net terawatthours of electricity produced; Number of operable nuclear generating units; Units with building permits.
- SYSTEM RELIABILITY: The NERC auditors are coming. Stanton, Jim; Kiser, Phil; Werth, Gary // Power;Nov2007, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p18
The article offers news briefs related to the nuclear power industry in the U.S. Nuclear plants have made the necessary preparations for compliance to the mandatory reliability standards imposed by the North American Electric Reliability Corp. (NERC). Technicians at the Huntley Power Station in...
- German coalition falls out over nuclear decommissioning. // International Power Generation;Dec99/Jan2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p6
Reports that the Slovakian and Austrian governments continue to use the nuclear plant decommissioning issue as a bargaining point over European Union membership. German government's disagreement with the nuclear energy over phasing out nuclear power; Closure of the Bohunice nuclear plant in...
- Section 8. Nuclear Energy. // Monthly Energy Review;Mar2004, p117
Presents data on the performance of the nuclear energy industry in the United States, as of December 2003. Nuclear electricity net generation; Nuclear units generated at a forecast average capacity factor; Nuclear share of total electricity net generation.