THE STANDARDS FOR TECHNOLOGICAL LITERACY: TODAY THE BOSTON MUSEUM OF SCIENCE, TOMORROW THE WORLD
- A Lesson in Computer Power Management. Lazaros, Edward J.; Hua, David // Tech Directions;Aug2012, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p16
The article presents a classroom activity in computer power management for students in vocational and technology education. One of the learning objectives of this activity is to help students understand the economic effect of technology by calculating the cost savings of PM strategies in the...
- Using Multiliteracies to "Rethink" Literacy Pedagogy in Elementary Classrooms. Burke, Anne; Butland, Laura; Roberts, Kerri-lynn; Snow, Stephanie // Journal of Technology Integration in the Classroom;Spring2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p41
Three graduate teachers and a researcher explore what it means to 'rethink' literacy in the context of Multiliteracies and teaching in everyday classrooms. In this paper, we will discuss how students' textual and technology engagements in school spaces were used to create a connection to their...
- An instrument to determine the technological literacy levels of upper secondary school students. Luckay, Melanie; Collier-Reed, Brandon // International Journal of Technology & Design Education;Aug2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p261
In this article, an instrument for assessing upper secondary school students' levels of technological literacy is presented. The items making up the instrument emerged from a previous study that employed a phenomenographic research approach to explore students' conceptions of technology in terms...
- Make learning matter for the multitasking generation. Adams, Jill // Middle School Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p6
The article discusses multitasking as it pertains to the behaviors of middle level, or middle school, learners. Particular focus is given to the use of technology by middle school students. The article presents ideas to middle school teachers of reading and writing on how they can use teaching...
- Net TEACHING. Felix, Kathie // MultiMedia & Internet@Schools;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p6
This article presents information on net-related products and technology relevant to the school library media profession including TechLiteracy Assessment, an online assessment of the technology proficiency of elementary and middle school students.
- TECHNOLOGICAL LITERACY STANDARDS: PRACTICAL ANSWERS AND NEXT STEPS. Meade, Shelli; Dugger, Jr., William E. // Technology Teacher;Nov2005, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p32
This article focuses on various documents related to technological literacy standards in the U.S. In October 2005, the Technology for All Americans Project (TFAAP) came to an end, having far exceeded its goals. TFAAP delivered a philosophical basis of the need for technological literacy,...
- A Model for Unified Science and Technology. Beven, Roy B.; Raudebaugh, Robert A. // Journal of Technology Studies;Winter2004, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the integration of technology education in secondary science curricula. Interdependent relationship between science and technology; Students's performance in instructional activities; Development of hierarchical science and technology process skills.
- USING STL AND AETL ANNOUNCING ADDENDA TO THE STANDARDS. Meade, Shelli; Delany, Lisa; Dugger Jr., William E. // Technology Teacher;Mar2004, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p24
In March 2004, the International Technology Education Association will introduce a series of addenda to the technological literacy standards documents that will provide concrete tools for making technology programs standards based, Standards for Technological Literacy (STL) provides the content...
- Encouraging Technological Literacy in the Richmond City Schools. Whiting, Ginmger // Technology Teacher;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p23
Focuses on the encouragement of technological literacy in elementary schools in Richmond, Virginia. Use of a design brief in technology projects; Description of the card engineering project; Conversion of art projects to technology and math projects.