The Jewish Settlements in the West Bank: International Law and Israeli Jurisprudence
- The Illegal-Settlements Myth. Phillips, David M. // Commentary;Dec2009, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p32
The article examines the legality of Jewish settlements in the West Bank. The author states that the notion that the settlements are illegal is commonly, but erroneously, accepted. The article demonstrates that the settlements, while controversial, do not contravene international law in any way....
- CONCRETE KEEPS POURING IN ISRAEL. Ephron, Dan // Newsweek;10/18/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 16, p8
The article discusses the politics behind a freeze by Israel on new settlements in the West Bank.
- Settlement Rights and Wrongs. THOMAS, MICHAEL // Commentary;Mar2010, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p9
A letter to the editor in response to the article "The Illegal-Settlements Myth," by David M. Phillips in the December 2009 issue, which discusses the legality of the settlements of Israelis in the West Bank.
- The settlement. Winokur, Julie // Natural History;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p38
Portrays the lives of messianic Jews in the Bat Ayin settlement in West Bank. Co-existence of Jewish traditionalism with modern-day strife; Absence of fear among residents in the outpost despite deadly confrontations between Jews and Arabs; Differences between Bat Ayin and other West Bank...
- Evacuated Homesh settlement's land going back to Palestinian owners. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;5/19/2013, p1
JERUSALEM (JTA) -- The land on which the northern West Bank settlement of Homesh was built will be returned to its Palestinian owners.
- Obama administration raps report on settlements. // New Jersey Jewish News;7/12/2012, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p17
The article reports on the criticism of U.S. President Barack Obama's administration against the Levy Committee in Israel on the legality of the settlement in West Bank under the international law.
- A West Bank rabbi argues for expanding settlements. Barr, Cameron W. // Christian Science Monitor;5/18/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 122, p7
Reports on the efforts of Rabbi Menachem Frohman to build a settlement in Tekoa in the West Bank.
- Settler Population in the West Bank Reaches 300,000. Levinson, Chaim // Report on Israeli Settlement in the Occupied Territories;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the increase of settler population in the West Bank settlements. According to a report from Israel Defense Forces, as of June 30, 2009 the number of settler population in the area has reached 304,569, indicating a 2.3% increased since January 2009. It also mentions the...
- Notes on church-state affairs: Israel. Hendon, David W.; Kennedy, James M. // Journal of Church & State;Spring97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p384
Focuses on the changes in Israel's policy on settlements in the West Bank territories after the election of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu. Resumption of the sale of apartments to Israelis; Israeli and Palestinian leaders' reaching of an agreement on redeployment of Israeli forces stationed...