The Indianization of English: The English Language in India
- Looking under Kachru's (1982, 1985) Three Circles Model of World Englishes: The Hidden Reality and Current Challenges. Schmitz, John Robert // Revista Brasileira de LingÃ¼Ãstica Aplicada;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p373
This paper examines the pioneering model of World Englishes formulated by Kachru in the early 1980s that allocates the presence of English into three concentric circles: first of all, the inner circle (Great Britain, the USA) where the language functions as an L1 (or native language); secondly,...
- Braj B. Kachru, Yamuna Kachru, and Cecil L. Nelson (eds): The Handbook of World Englishes. McEntee-Atalianis, Lisa // Language Policy;Dec2008, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p373
The article reviews the book "The Handbook of World Englishes," edited by Braj B. Kachru, Yamuna Kachru and Cecil L. Nelson.
- Braj B. Kachru, Yamuna Kachru and Cecil L. Nelson, eds. 2006. The Handbook of World Englishes. Moody, Andrew // English World-Wide;2009, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p91
The article reviews the book "The Handbook of World Englishes," edited by Braj B. Kachru, Yamuna Kachru, and Cecil L. Nelson.
- Indianized English in Shashi Deshpande's That Long Silence. Sundarsingh, J. // Language in India;Feb2009, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p69
The article examines the language of the book "That Long Silence," by Shashi Deshpande, based on the theory of Indianization of English linguist Braj B. Kachru. The study reveals that English language is considered the language of Indians and not just a foreign language. The reasons for a...
- Books Received. // English Literature in Transition, 1880-1920;1992, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p543
Presents a lists of several books received by the peridoical "English Literature in Transition 1880-1920," in October 1992. "Henry Reed: Collected Poems," edited by John Stallworthy; "Italian Hours," by Henry James and edited by John Auchard; "The Other Tongue: English Across Cultures," by Braj...
- Language in South Asia. Sharma, Bal K. // Asian EFL Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p325
The article reviews the book "Language in South Asia," edited by Braj B. Kachru, Yamuna Kachru, and Shikaripur Sridhar.
- B. Kachru: Asian Englishes: Beyond the Canon. Nero, Shondel // Journal of Asian Pacific Communication (John Benjamins Publishin;2009, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p163
The article reviews the books "Asian Englishes: Beyond the Canon," by Braj Kachru and "World Englishes in Asian Contexts," by Yamuna Kachru and Cecil Nelson.
- Para saber mÃ¡s. MARTÍN, GRACIA; BAUTISTA, MELCHOR PÉREZ // Cuadernos de PedagogÃa;nov2012, Issue 428, p110
No abstract available.
- AndalucÃa. // Cuadernos de PedagogÃa;nov2012, Issue 428, p112
No abstract available.