- Meatless in the Mainstream. Roberts Jr., William A. // Prepared Foods;Mar2002, Vol. 171 Issue 3, p23
Reports on the growth of the vegetarian food market in the United States. Factors attributed to the growth of the vegetarian food market in the country; Information on the most popular meat alternatives in the country; Outlook on the market for soy milks.
- 30-minute recipes. // Vegetarian Times;Jun2004, Issue 322, p23
Presents vegetarian recipes, including Cheese Ravioli with Grape Tomatoes, Open-Faced Portobello Sandwiches and Cheese and Bean Quesadillas.
- Diner Sandwiches Revisited. Daniels-Zeller, Debra // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p14
Presents recipes for vegetarian sandwiches. Roasted Smoky Eggplant Sandwich; Portabello Burgers with Sliced Tomatoes and Spicy Tofu Sour 'Cream'; Tempeh Joes; Veggie Reuben Subs; Warm Canellini Beans, Squash, and Roasted Pepper on Black Bread; Barbecue Lentil Loaf Sandwiches; Open-Faced Seitan...
- HOW TO HOLD THE MEAT: SOUPS AND BURGERS. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p82
Offers tips on creating a vegetarian soup and burger menu. Points to consider in using ready-to-use vegetarian burgers; Variety of flavors that can be used on soups; Products that can serve as thickeners in soups; Spices that can be added on soups.
- HOT, FAST SANDWICHES. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p20
Presents suggestions for easy-to-make vegetarian sandwiches. Smothered kraut and dog; Mediterranean mushroom; Southwestern mushroom; Vegan peanut butter; Hot club sandwich.
- IT'S TIME TO GO VEGGIE! // Women's Fitness;Feb2017, Issue 162, Special section p4
The article discusses the health benefits of being a vegetarian. Topics discussed include the environmental and health factors that prompt people to become vegetarians, the foods that can help people transition from a meat diet to a vegetarian diet, such as seitan, portabello mushrooms and...
- FAST, FRESH AND FLAVORFUL. // Food Processing (00156523);Sep2003 Supplement, Vol. 64, p8
Introduces the Fast Naturals Ready Meals, a six-SKU line of all-natural vegetarian meals ready in just five minutes, manufactured by Napa Valley, California-based Fantastic Foods Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of HomeGrown Natural Foods Inc. Description of retort cooking; Number of flavors;...
- letters. // Vegetarian Times;Dec2003, Issue 316, p8
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues of the periodical "Vegetarian Times." Comments on the food products offered by McDonald's; Efforts of Burger King to incorporate vegetarian foods in their menu.
- Veggingout. Rosenstrach, Jenny // Real Simple;Apr2002, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p132
Although there are nearly 5 million vegetarians in the U.S. and the food-service industry is rushing to meet their growing demands they are still strangers in a meat-and-potatoes land. A 1998 survey by the Vegetarian Resource Group in Baltimore, Maryland found that 75 percent of members polled...