- The Indianization of English: The English Language in India. Mühlhausler, Peter // Notes & Queries;Jun1986, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p200
This article focuses on the book "The Indianization of English: The English Language in India," by B.B. Kachru. By "Indianization" Professor Kachru means the development of distinctive Indian characteristics at all linguistic levels i.e. phonetic, grammatical, lexical, and semantic. Moreover,...
- Memorabilia. Watson, John Gillard // Notes & Queries;Mar1984, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p1
The article presents information on new works on English literature. One portion of the article reports that Leon Edel and Dan H. Laurence, with the assistance of James Rambeau, have produced the third edition of the book "A Bibliography of Henry James." For a quarter of a century it has been...
- Books and Things. P.L. // New Republic;6/9/20, Vol. 23 Issue 288, p63
Presents the author's views on writer Henry James. Background information on James; Analysis of James' letters and literary works; Predilections.
- Table of Contents. // Literary Imagination;Mar2013, Vol. 15 Issue 1, pi4
The table of contents for the February 7, 2013 issue of "Literary Imagination" is presented.
- TOWARDS A DEFINITION OF THE NOVELLA. Gibaldi, Joseph // Studies in Short Fiction;Spring75, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p91
Defines the literary term novella. Implication of the word derived from the Latin novellus; Influence of writer Henry James on the use of the term; Employment of the term to mean ironically the longest of today's short fiction.
- A HARD, SHINING SONNET: THE ART OF SHORT FICTION IN JAMES'S 'EUROPE' Hudspeth, Robert N. // Studies in Short Fiction;Fall75, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p387
Examines the art of short fiction 'Europe' by Henry James. Manifestation of an aesthetic compensation; Relationship between form and experience in the story; Revelation about the differences between the outward appearances and inward truths of real life.
- War's Lives, Lies, and Legacies. Cuthbertson, Guy // Twentieth Century Literature (Twentieth Century Literature);Fall2009, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p393
Reviews the book "Survivors' Songs: From Maldon to the Somme," by Jon Stallworthy.
- Jon Stallworthy, Survivorsâ€™ Songs: From Maldon to the Somme. Spencer, Eleanor // Notes & Queries;Dec2012, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p617
The article reviews the book "Survivors' Songs: From Maldon to the Somme" by Jon Stallworthy.
- STALLWORTHY, JON HOWIE. Mellown, Elgin W. // Descriptive Catalogue of the Bibliographies of the Twentieth-Cen;1978, p340
A list of bibliographic references for British poet Jon Howie Stallworthy from the book "A Descriptive Catalogue of the Bibliographies of Twentieth-Century British Poets, Novelists, and Dramatists" is presented.