The (no-) Wall: Hostile space vs. Neutral place
- Dream House. Glain, Stephen // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/8/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6345, p64
Features the architectural structure of the House of Palestine grand mansion in the West Bank. Image of the city of Nablus as the industrial heartland of the Palestinian territories; Collection of fireplace mantels in the villa; Devastation of compound of Prime Minister Yaser Arafat.
- Herod exhibit opens in Israel. ESTRIN, DANIEL // United Methodist Reporter;2/8/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 41, p2B
The article announces that Israel's national museum will be holding an exhibition dedicated to the architectural legacy of the biblical King Herod. The conflict between Palestine and Israel over the archaelogical project called "Herod the great" is discussed. Palestinian officials state that the...
- Israel plans wall through Bethlehem. // Christian Century;3/22/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the plan of Israel to build a security wall in Bethlehem on the West Bank to safeguard a Jewish religious shrine known as Rachel's Tomb. Details of the plan; Conflict between Israelis and Palestinians in the area; Concerns about the implications of the plan.
- Gebaute Visionen. Hollenstein, Roman // werk, bauen + wohnen;Dec2011, Issue 12, p75
The article reviews the architectural design exhibition "Architektur und Staat Israel 1948-73" at the Swiss Architecture Museum in Basel, Switzerland, until January 22, 2012.
- BDP's academy for everyone. // Building Design;1/21/2005, Issue 1657, p4
Reports on the construction of the Marlowe Academy in Ramsgate, Kent. Identification of art facilities included in the construction; Specifications of the ideas of the design; Expected completion date of the work.
- WHAT'S ON THE WEB. // Building Design;6/18/2010, Issue 1921, p2
The article offers updates on various issues in Great Britain, including the opening of the London Festival of Architecture.
- Symbiotic City, Xiasha, Hangzhou, China. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p102
This article provides site plans, architectural perspectives and a brief information about the Symbiotic City project in Hangzhou, China by Brearley Architects and Urbanists and Steve Whitford, which was awarded honourable mention at the 2010 Australia Architecture (AA) Prize for Unbuilt Work.
- Good Fences Make Good Neighbours. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p106
This article provides architectural site plans and brief information about the "Good Fences Make Good Neighbours" fencing project in Rowville by Hong Yi, which was awarded special mention at the 2010 Australia Architecture (AA) Prize for Unbuilt Work.
- Exterior makes Westcreek Court one-of-a-kind. // High Plains Journal;11/5/2012, Vol. 130 Issue 46, p6-C
The article discusses the architectural design of a residential town home Westcreek Court D9225.