Medicare cards still underutilized, doctors report
- Medicare cards gaining ground, say sponsors. Frederick, James // Drug Store News;11/22/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p21
Focuses on the popularity of the Medicare-endorsed prescription discount cards. Estimated number of Medicare recipients who have signed up for the discount card; Concept behind the Medicare prescription discount card; Benefits associated with the Medicare cards.
- Drug cards offer big discounts, confusion. Murphy, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p21
Provides information on Medicare-approved prescription discount cards in the U.S. Total number of private sponsors preparing the discount cards for use starting June 1, 2004; Decision of several pharmaceutical companies to extend discounts on their own drugs to people who have the cards;...
- Prescription dispensing costs above average in N.Y. R. A. // Business Journal (Central New York);2/16/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p16
The article presents information related to a survey which reports that the average cost of dispensing prescription medication in New York is $10.96 per prescription. This survey was conducted by the Coalition for Community Pharmacy Action (CCPA), an organization started by and representing the...
- E&Y Division Launching Program To Help Health Plans Manage Prescription Expenses. // Insurance Advocate;4/8/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 13, p38
Announces the launch of the RxManager service from Ernst & Young LLP, to help health plans manage prescription expenses on March 25, 2002.
- Do you talk to your patients about the cost of their prescriptions? // Contemporary OB/GYN;Jun2007, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p32
The article discusses the results of a survey of primary-care physicians and cardiologists and their attitudes about patients' out-of-pocket prescription costs. It revealed that 92% of the doctors agreed that when writing prescriptions, they should consider patients' prescription costs. C. Caleb...
- CMS announces its choices for Medicare discount cards. // Drug Topics;4/5/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the pharmacy companies selected to offer prescription discount cards for Medicare.
- Industry unwilling to give an inch to gain a mile. Tosh, Mark // Drug Store News;8/12/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p14
Comments on the unwillingness of the U.S. pharmaceutical industry to compromise in order to support the legislation that would provide prescription drug benefit under Medicare. Concerns of drug makers on price controls; Outlook of community pharmacy chains on the mail ordering of drugs.
- FINDING A WAY. Hitti, Miranda // Arthritis Today;May/Jun2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p54
Offers tips on how to handle prescription drug costs. Disadvantages of skipping or reducing medications; Knowledge of your health-care insurance coverage; Tips when shopping drugs internationally. INSETS: How to Apply for Free Drugs;Asking Your Insurer to Reconsider -- One Doctor's Story.
- DRUG TRIPS. Gibbs, Lisa // Money;Sep2001, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p118
Details the trip of Americans who go to Canada to buy prescription drugs because of the high cost of drugs in the United States. How prescriptions can be filled for a three month supply and one refill; Issue of legality of the process, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration; Focus...