- Bullies Beware. Harvey, Mary // Junior Scholastic;2/6/2006, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p16
The article discusses several issues concerning bullying in junior schools in the United States.
- STICKY SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/24/2011, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p7
The article presents a bullying situation in the American school system for the opinion of the readers.
- News IQ: pages 4-5. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;1/6/2014, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p8
A quiz about food allergy bullying in schools in the U.S. based on an article that appeared in pages 4 and 5 of the January 6, 2014 issue of "Scholastic News Edition 5/6" is presented.
- Researchers push to import top anti-bullying program to US schools. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/23/2011, Vol. 21, p194
The article reports that researchers are promoting to import KiVa, an anti-bullying campaign in Finland, to reduce the incidents of bullying in the U.S. schools.
- October is National Bullying Prevention Month. // Arab American News;10/11/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1496, p19
Statistics are presented on bullying in schools in the U.S. as of October 2014 which has reportedly become an epidemic in the country.
- Hearsay Transformation. // Teen Ink;Sep2000, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p19
The author comments on how school systems handle cases of bullying. He mentions an incident wherein he was asked to see a counselor when he complained about bullying in their school. He questions whether the stigma of the Columbine shooting has affected every school in the U.S. He criticizes how...
- Bullying And Violence. // Child Health Alert;May2003, Vol. 21, p3
Discusses the prevalence of bullying and violence in U.S. elementary schools. Nature of bullying; Link between bullying and serious violent behaviors.
- Talk About it. // American School Board Journal;May2010, Vol. 197 Issue 5, p10
The article offers news briefs related to schools in the U.S. More schools are joining the wagon of hiring recess coaches to reduce bullying and behavior problems on playgrounds and handle games to encourage more students to get active. Educators are establishing virtual Readiness Centers to...
- Bullying Prevention Seen Having Impact. Bushweller, Kevin; Goldstein, Lisa // Education Week;9/10/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p12
School-based programs have been developed that can cut down on bullying behaviors among children by as much as 50 percent, and putting those programs in place would stem the tide of bullying violence in U.S. schools, suggests a report from Fight Crime: Invest in Kids, a national,...