- Chapter 13: TEASING AND BULLYING. // Men They Will Become;1999, p179
Chapter 13 of the book The Men They Will Become is presented. It explores the impact of teasing and bullying on schoolboys. Teasing is a major schoolboy issue. Most boys bring to first grade the baggage of having been teased in earlier childhood. They know how to tease, and virtually all have...
- "We are the Solution". Morais, Carmen; Porter, Alex // Scholastic Choices;Apr/May2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p8
The article presents information on bullying at school.
- Are we too mean? Lundy, Emily // Malakoff News (TX);10/18/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 42, p2
The article offers the author's insights on mean people and bullying in schools.
- Ask a Girl. // New Moon;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p10
No abstract available.
- Words Can Hurt. Fricks, Christy; King, Erin R. // Current Health 1;Jan2010, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p26
The article focuses on teasing as a form bullying in school.
- Risk and Protective Factors for Homophobic Bullying in Schools: An Application of the Social-Ecological Framework. Hong, Jun; Garbarino, James // Educational Psychology Review;Jun2012, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p271
Homophobic bullying is a serious concern for students, parents, teachers, and school officials. This article reviews evidence on the status of this problem and how it may be addressed in a multilevel and multidisciplinary manner growing out of a social-ecological perspective on homophobic...
- Multiple Peer Victimization in New Zealand: Links to Bullying Behaviour. Raskauskas, Juliana; Carroll-Lind, Janis; Kearney, Alison // New Zealand Journal of Educational Studies;2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p349
Research on risk and resilience indicates that children exposed to multiple risk factors often report more negative effects than those experiencing only one risk. Studies indicate that victims of bullying (peer victimization) can become aggressive and violent over time. The present research...
- How to Handle A Bully. // Know Your World Extra;11/19/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p15
Presents tips on how to avoid bullies. Points to consider about bullies; Reason not to be ashamed of telling an adult about bullying; Things to remember when being bullied.
- Stop That Bully! Harrar, Sari; VanTine, Julia // Prevention;Dec2001, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p52
Focuses on bullying at schools and how parents can communicate with their children who are being bullied or are doing the bullying.