`Nuclear Weapons Are Not The Great Equalizer.'
- Why can't we ban the bomb? Kressley, Konrad M. // Futurist;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p26
Discusses the reasons why the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty does not seem to work. Limited success of international restrictions on nuclear development; Estimates of total number of nuclear weapons worldwide; Understanding nuclear diffusion; Impact of end of Cold War on proliferation process.
- Time to stop the nuclear arms race. // New Statesman & Society;5/13/94, Vol. 7 Issue 302, p5
Editorial. Advocates the pursuit of nuclear disarmament. Intensity of anti-nuclear protest prior to the disintegration of the Soviet Union; Surfeit of strategic nuclear weaponry; Need of containing proliferation; Attribution of British nuclear fetish to nationalism.
- Events in U.S. and abroad provide new perspectives on nonproliferation and disarmament. // Journal of College Science Teaching;Feb95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p223
Reports on developments in the United States and other countries which indicate that nuclear proliferation remains a global threat. Space testing of Alpha military laser; Russian handling of nuclear material; Construction of new Russian plutonium storage site.
- Estimated U.S. and Soviet/Russian nuclear stockpiles, 1945-94. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov/Dec1994, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p58
Presents an estimate of superpower nuclear stockpiles. Skepticism on compliance with the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT); Strategic force levels of the United States and Russia; Secrecy concerning statistics on nuclear weapons.
- NEXT STEPS TO UNIVERSAL NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT. Cotta-Ramusino, Paolo // UN Chronicle;2009, Vol. 46 Issue 1/2, p41
The article presents a discussion of on ways to achieve universal nuclear disarmament, adapted from presentation prepared for the Instituto Studi Politica Internazionale in Milano, Itlay.
- Editor's NOTE. Pomper, Miles A. // Arms Control Today;Oct2005, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p2
Introduces a series of articles on nuclear disarmament.
- Essay. Scheffran, Jurgen // UN Chronicle;1998, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p60
Presents an essay on nuclear disarmament. Nuclear domino effect in Southern Asia and the Middle East; 1995 Review and Extension of the Non-Proliferation Treaty as a watershed in the nuclear debate; Historic advisory opinion from the International Court of Justice; Contributions that informed...
- ÃšVODNÃ SLOVO. Frank, Libor // Defense & Strategy / Obrana a strategie;2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p3
No abstract available.
- More Than a Decade of U.S.-North Korean Nuclear Tensions. Kerr, Paul // Arms Control Today;Sep2005, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p28
Presents a chronology of nuclear negotiations between the U.S. and North Korea. Agreement of the U.S. to create the international consortium called the Korean Peninsula Energy Development Organization to supply North Korea with proliferation-resistant light-water nuclear reactors; Admission of...