Crafting the pay of non-CEO chairmen
- Southern comfort. // Director (00123242);Nov95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p32
Compares the basic pay of directors, managers and clerks in several regions of Great Britain. Impact of cost of living factor on directors' remuneration; Regions where median basic pay is above the national average.
- Director pay posted double-digit gains in 2005. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 27 Issue 161, p26
The article reports on the study conducted by Steven Hall & Partners regarding salary increase of corporate directors in the U.S. The study shows that salaries of corporate directors have an increase of between 8.1 to 12.4 percent. Furthermore, additional pay for committee service varies by...
- Have a rantâ€¦. // Personnel Today;12/11/2007, p15
The article comments on issues related to salaries of top executives. It feels sympathy for football fans who see managers paid millions for failure. It agrees with GMB union which said that directors and chief executives are paid on average seven times more than the average worker. It further...
- Directors and Their Remuneration--II. // Accountancy;Mar1966, Vol. 77 Issue 871, p178
This article focuses on the amount to be paid by a company for directors' remuneration under the 1965 Finance Act in Great Britain. It is provided in paragraph 9, 18th Schedule of the act that in determining the amounts distributed by a close company for any accounting period there are to be...
- Deferred compensation gains favor among chief executives, directors. MacDonald, William L. // NACD Directorship;Feb95, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the trend toward deferred compensation gains among chief executives and directors. Putting more money into their pension plans without raising the cost of compensation; Crediting the company stock; Factors against which compensation plans must be structured to protect participants. ...
- Form 8-K Developments - Does an Increase in Directors Fees Trigger a Filing? // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q1, p1
The article discusses the influence of increased directors fees on Form 8-K filling in the U.S. It explains issues concerning director and executive compensation in relation to Form 8-K filing. It offers information on cash bonuses and option grants. The article also offers recommendations for...
- Managers' pay rises shrink for third year in a row. // Management Services;Jun93, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p8
Managers have seen their rise in earnings shrink for the third year in succession according to the Institute of Management's latest salary survey - the most comprehensive of its kind in Great Britain. The average manager now earns Â£ 29,838 while the avenge director earns Â£ 68,722. Forty...
- Research shows that not all top cats are fat cats. // Management Today;Nov98, p13
Focuses on the salaries for chief executives in Great Britain according to a survey of companies by resource consultancy William M. Mercer. Average salary; Increases in pay received by senior directors at the top 350 companies; Rise in earnings of directors of small companies in 1997.
- Germany tops finance directors' pay league. // Accountancy;Jun93, Vol. 111 Issue 1198, p18
Reports on the salaries of finance directors in Germany. Average basic salary; Comparison with salaries of finance directors in other countries.