How long will it take?
- PHS proposes `parallel track' for new AIDS drugs. // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p541
Reports on the US Public Health Service's (PHS) proposal for speeding the availability of investigational new drugs for AIDS and HIV-related diseases by means of a parallel track mechanism. Selection of patients with life-threatening illnesses including AIDS; Views on the safeguards to parallel...
- MCOs, AIDS activists join forces on national database for disease-management strategies. // Managed Healthcare;Apr98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the HIV Treatment Data Project, a national database on HIV/AIDS treatments and disease-management being planned by the managed care industry and AIDS activists. Collaboration of the Group Health Cooperative Center for Health Studies and the University of Washington's Center for AIDS...
- Patterns of Plasma Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 RNA Response to Antiretroviral Therapy. Huang, W.; De Gruttola, V.; Fischl, M.; Hammer, S.; Richman, D.; Havlir, D.; Gulick, R.; Squires, K.; Mellors, J. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;5/15/2001, Vol. 183 Issue 10, p1455
Characterizes the patterns of HIV-1 RNA response to antiretroviral therapy in patients in four AIDS clinical trials. Modeling of HIV-1 RNA responses as on or off track; Missing HIV-1 RNA level data and censoring below quantification limits; Comparisons with protocol-defined virologic end points.
- Panel releases guidelines on AIDS drug treatment. // Nation's Health;Jul97, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p7
Provides information on the AIDS drug treatment guidelines released by the United States Panel on Clinical Practices for Treatment of HIV Infection. Recommendations stated on the guidelines.
- Long-term HIV survivor gives clues to beating AIDS. // Addiction Letter;Mar1995, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the ability of a woman infected with HIV-1 to suppress growth of the virus or the emergence of AIDS for many years. Immune system; Antibodies; Implications for improved AIDS vaccines and therapies.
- In-vivo Immunomodulation by Isoprinosine in Patients with the Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome and Related Complexes. Grieco, Michael H.; Reddy, Mohan M.; Manvar, Dolly; Ahuja, Kishore K.; Moriarty, Mary L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug84, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p206
Discusses the effects associated with isoprinosine therapy on OKT4/OKT8 ratios and mitogen-induced lymphocyte transformation with cells from five patients with the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and four with complexes related to the syndrome. Information on isoprinosine; Discussion on the...
- If the condom breaks. Gorman, Christine; Park, Alice // Time International (South Pacific Edition);06/23/97, Issue 25, p69
Looks at a so-called morning-after treatment for people who suspect they have been infected with the AIDS HIV virus. What the treatment consists of; Warnings from the US Food and Drug Administration about the dangers of protease inhibitors; The meeting of AIDS experts at the Centers for Disease...
- If the condom breaks. Gorman, Christine; Park, Alice // Time;6/23/1997, Vol. 149 Issue 25, p48
Looks at a so-called morning after treatment for people who suspect they have been infected with the AIDS HIV virus. What the treatment consists of; Warnings from the US Food and Drug Administration about the dangers of protease inhibitors; The meeting of AIDS experts at the Centers for Disease...
- Fourth AIDS drug approved. // FDA Consumer;Sep94, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p2
Informs that a fourth drug has been granted Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for the treatment of HIV and AIDS. Treatment of adults with advanced HIV infection who no longer respond to other anti-viral drugs; Zerit (stavudine, also known as D4T).
- HIV Digest. // Guide;May2003, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p75
Presents news briefs related to HIV/AIDS treatment compiled as of May 2003. Effectiveness of interferon against HIV and hepatitis C infection; Debates over the benefit of treatment interruptions for HIV-infected people; Effect of drugs that interfere with HIV on death and disability rates from...