- III: PEDAGOGY AND POWER: Power Rangers at Preschool: Negotiating Media in Child Care Settings. Seitter, Ellen; Kinder, Marsha // Kid's Media Culture;1999, p237
This chapter examines how children's popular media fit in the ecology of the preschool. Sara Kitses has taught at the suburban Montessori school for twenty-three years. More than any other teacher in the study, Sara denied having any knowledge of popular children's programming. She advises...
- Alternative Forms of Schooling. Doll, Ronald C. // Educational Leadership;Feb1972, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p391
The article discusses the views of youth on several subject matters including the pressures on them, their values, education and their relationship with their teachers and parents. According to a twelfth grader, the men and women in the government should give due attention to the real education...
- EducaciÃ³n en medios en TurquÃa: hacia una red de actores mÃºltiples. Orhon, E. Nezih // Comunicar;2009, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p157
Starting with the 1990s, private radios and televisions were the primary steps in Turkish media's new structure. At that time, there was no interest in media literacy or media education for people, especially for children. In the past, the emphasis of media literacy education was to protect...
- Raising a World-Wise Child And the Power of Media. Wartella, Ellen; Knell, Gary E. // Phi Delta Kappan;Nov2004, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p222
Discusses how children worldwide can use television and the power of media to stay well informed. Research by the Kaiser Family Foundation which found that U.S. children from six months to six years of age spend the same amount of time with screen media as they do playing daily; Consideration...
- Professional Development from Montana State University. // NSTA Express;4/27/2009, p6
A description of the course "Comparative Planetology: Establishing a Virtual Presence in the Solar System" being offered at Montana State University's National Teachers Enhancement Network (NTEN) is presented.
- MSU Online Courses Cover Astronomy, Earth Science, Physics, and More. // NSTA Express;8/3/2009, p7
A description of an online course "The Fascinating Bug: Learning About Insects through Observation," being offered by the National Teachers Enhancement Network is provided.
- Back to School: Improve Your Knowledge of Physical Science. // NSTA Express;8/31/2009, p3
A description of the course on "Light," offered through National Science Teacher's Association's (NSTA) live web sessions, is offered.
- University of Massachusetts Amherst's Science Education Online (SEO) Leads to M. Ed. or Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study. // NSTA Express;7/12/2010, p4
A description of the course "Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study" being offered as online course by School of Education and College of Natural Sciences, is provided.
- New Online Graduate Course from AMNH: Climate Change. // NSTA Express;2/7/2011, p3
A description of the course "Astronomy for Beginners" being offered at the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) in the U.S. is presented.