- Out against the war. // Bay Area Reporter;3/25/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p1
Presents a photograph taken at a demonstration on the one-year anniversary of the Iraq war in San Francisco, California.
- Anti-War Advocates Get Creative. Nair, Yasmin // Windy City Times;3/26/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p6
The article reports that anti-war advocates such as Voices for Creative Non-Violence (VCNV) staged protests in downtown Chicago, Illinois on March 19, 2008, which marks the fifth anniversary of the U.S. war on Iraq.
- Hussein -- and who's insane. // Budapest Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p10
Comments on demonstrations held in Paris, France regarding the U.S.-led war against Iraq. Demonstrators' destruction of McDonald's restaurants in Paris, claiming that the company is a symbol of American global power.
- Gays voice support for war. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;4/3/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p1
Reports on a rally held in San Francisco, California supporting the U.S.-led war against Iraqi president Saddam Hussein. Organizer of the event; Estimated number of people who participated in the rally; Show of support for the troops as individuals.
- Women' Building supporters camp out against hate. Szymanski, Zak // Bay Area Reporter;4/3/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p12
Focuses on protest held by supporters of the Women's Building in San Francisco, California against the war in Iraq. Estimated number of participants.
- Are War Protests Falling on Deaf Ears? Harris, Hamil // New Crisis (15591603);Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on protests against the 2003 Iraqi war. Sentiments against the U.S.; Reaction of the U.S. government to the protests.
- Newark site of national march to end the Iraq War. Shabazz, Saeed // New York Amsterdam News;5/31/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 23, p4
The article focuses on the People's March for Peace, Equality, Jobs & Justice, which will be held by the Peoples Organization for Progress (POP) in Newark, New York on August 25, 2007. The march will be sponsored by the Peace and Justice Coalition, which is the national umbrella organization for...
- Demonstrations Mark Second Anniversary of Invasion of Iraq. Powell, Sara // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;May/Jun2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p70
The article reports that demonstrators in more than 700 cities throughout the U.S. took to the streets on March 19, 2005 to mark the second anniversary of the "shock and awe" bombing which inaugurated the U.S.-led war on Iraq. Tens of thousands protested in both Los Angeles and San Francisco in...
- Fight the Left on March 17. Malkin, Michelle // Human Events;3/5/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p6
The article comments on the Gathering of Eagles in Washington, D.C. on March 17, 2007. The author states that on that day, well-funded, celebrity-studded anti-war groups plan to march to the Pentagon on a protest route that will take them past the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and climax in calls...
- Peace march held on eve of war. Alexander, David Ryan // Bay Area Reporter;3/20/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the fourth mass demonstration against a U.S.-led war against Iraq held in San Francisco, California on March 15, 2003. Large contingent of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community joining the protests.