Dealing With Bullies
- From the Editor: The Talk of the Nation. Hartnett, Judy Faust // District Administration;Jan2011, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses several articles published within the issue including one by Elizabeth Duffrin on teacher evaluations, one by Victor Rivero on homophobic bullying in schools, and one by Ken Trump on the prevention of school violence.
- Attacks on teachers at 'worrying' levels while bullying shows no signs of abating. Smulian, Mark // Public Finance;3/28/2003, p12
Reports on increase in violence and abuse against teachers in Great Britain. Appeal of National Association of Schoolmasters/Union of Women Teachers general secretary Eamonn O'Kane to local education authorities to help reduce violence against teachers; Results of surveys focusing on violence...
- Bullying--What Music Educators Can Do: a response to the film Bully. EDGAR, SCOTT N. // Bluegrass Music News;Fall2013, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses the issue about school bullying and what music educators can do about it. It mentions the film "Bully," directed by Lee Hirsch, which exposes the reality of bullying in schools, and telling the stories of five students for whom being bullied was a way of life. It notes that...
- News IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;1/12/2009, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p8
A quiz about school bullying is presented.
- BuLLied to death. Delsite Everett, Alison // Boys' Life;Apr2009, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p38
The article talks about bullying in schools and discusses ways to stop such incidents.
- Bullying Hurts! // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/9/2006, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p8
A quiz concerning Bullying Hurts, an anti-bullying program in schools, is presented.
- The rat pack. // Girls' Life;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on issues regarding school violence. Opinions of kids on school bullies; Information on the decline of school assemblies concerning violence; Conflict resolution strategies developed by schools addressing violence against students.
- Teachers' and Students' Reports of Physical and Indirect Bullying. Beran, Tanya; Stewart, Shannon // Alberta Journal of Educational Research;Summer2008, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p242
The article offers information on the study conducted related to student's self-reporting of bullying. The validity of reported types of bullying were examined, whether the reports are more similar for physical than for indirect bullying. It is argued that teachers are more likely to be aware of...
- Bully for You. Cutler, Ann // Journal of College Science Teaching;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p10
The author reflects on the bullying being experienced by college professors from their students. She recalls the experiences of two professors who were bullied by their students. She notes that people in the education community work hard to generate a learning environment that expects and...