The megabuck movement
- The Impact of Staffing Policies on Retail Buyer Job Attitudes and Behaviors. Ganesan, Shankar; Weitz, Barton A. // Journal of Retailing;Spring96, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p31
Examines the impact of staffing policies on the job attitudes and behaviors of retail employees. Promotion from within; Promotion through seniority; Well-defined career paths; Opportunities for intraorganizational mobility.
- YOUR force. Prokopeak, Mike // Workforce;Nov2014, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p4
The article focuses on the retail workers who need to hire more employees for smooth work and to meet the demands of the customers during the holiday season in the U.S.
- Holiday retail hiring rising, but won't reach pre-recession levels. Reinhardt, Eric // Business Journal (Central New York);10/1/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p5
The article focuses on the annual holiday-hiring forecast from Challenger, Gray & Christmas Inc., a global outplacement firm in Chicago, that was released in September 20, 2010 which states that retailers are starting to boost hiring for the holiday season in New York.
- Macy's West Names Four Fashion Directors. Young, Kristin // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/30/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 82, p2
Reports that Federated Department Stores Inc. has appointed four fashion directors with responsibility for women's ready-to-wear, accessories, juniors and men's and children's wear. Durand Guion; Shawn Lambertsen; Tifani Wilt; Randy Heil; Career histories.
- People. // Chain Store Age;Feb98, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p150
Focuses on the employees of the retail trade companies in the United States. Dale P. Kramer's appointment as chairman of the board, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the ShopKo Stores Inc.; Appointment of Steve Magner as head of retail concept of the Neiman Marcus company; Dianne...
- Nagler leaves Kmart to head Catherines. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;4/22/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the appointment of Lorna Nagler, former senior vice president of Kmart, at the women's plus-size retailer Catherine Stores Corp. Information on the Catherine Stores Corp.; Career background of Nagler.
- STAFFING. // Aqua;May2012, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p45
The article offers information on the 2012 State of the Industry survey in the U.S. wherein 60% of the 255 respondents hire between one and five people during the busy season.
- People. // Chain Store Age;Dec97, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p208
Reports on the promotions and appointments of executives in the retail industry in the United States. Appointees to the vice-president position at Minyard Food Stores Inc.; Appointed president of Quality Stores Inc.; Principal of retail technology at Kurt Salmon Associates.
- The New Class of CEO Comes Late to Merchandising. Forseter, Murray // Chain Store Age;Oct2000, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p10
Deals with the executive appointments by four general merchandise retailers. H. Lee Scott of Wal-Mart; Charles Conaway of Kmart; Allen Questrom of J.C. Penny.