Executive order 13106--adjustments of certain rates of pay and delegation of a federal pay administration authority
- Executive Order 13483--Adjustments of Certain Rates of Pay. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/22/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 50, p1567
The article presents the text of the Executive Order 13483 which focuses on the adjustments of certain rates of pay in the U.S. issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on December 18, 2008. The executive order contained policies on statutory pay systems, senior executive service, certain...
- The 50 to 1 ratio: Punishing the successful. T.A.M. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/01/96, Vol. 198 Issue 9, p22
Editorial. Comments on the executive salary measure pending in the US Congress. Provisions of the measure; Average chief executive officer salary of the nation's 500 largest companies; Criticism on the bill's sponsors' anti-capitalism attitudes.
- Bill would curb executive pay deductions. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 12 Issue 72, p27
Reports on US Representative Martin Sabo's introduction of legislation limiting the amount of executive compensation that can be deducted by a company as a business expense. Limitation of tax deductions for companies that would make executive compensation more expensive for them; Annualized...
- The corporate officer's independent duty as a tonic for the anemic law of executive compensation. Michael, Douglas C. // Journal of Corporation Law;Summer92, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p785
Discusses executive compensation in large industrial corporations in the United States. Uproar over executive compensation; Economic background of the process of negotiating executive compensation; Costs of non-owner managers; Imperfections in the market for chief executives; Courts' reaction...
- Align Pay For All Risk-Takers. Elghanayan, Shahram; Cama, Kaizad // American Banker;2/17/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 25, p8
In this column the author presents his views on the U.S. government's policies towards the compensation of bank executives.
- POLICY BRIEF. // Compliance Week;May2011, Vol. 8 Issue 88, p39
An excerpt from the Center on Executive Compensation's Policy Brief on the pay ration in the U.S. is presented.
- Healthcare executive compensation under congressional microscope. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan94, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the two-day hearing of the House Energy and Commerce Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee on hospital executives' salaries. General Accounting Office' (GAO) release of a report on hospital executive's salaries; Preparation of the report upon the request of Representative John...
- Viewpoint... Public sector pay freezes. Brown, Duncan // Personnel Today;10/20/2009, p20
The article reports that political parties in Great Britain are trying to get over each other in their proposals on public sector pay reforms. Chancellor Alastair Darling has revealed that he has written to the salary review bodies calling on them to freeze the pay of senior National Health...
- Bill would stop multi-million dollar bonus packages. // North Western Financial Review;12/15/2011, Vol. 196 Issue 24, p22
The article reports that the U.S. House Financial Services Committee has voted on the Equity in Government Compensation Act, which would require the top executives of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to have compensation packages.