SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW?: AFRICAN AMERICANS, UNAUTHORIZED MEXICAN IMMIGRATION, AND COALITION BUILDING
- Ban on Hiring Illegal Aliens Enacted. // Labor Law Journal;Nov86, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p803
The article reports on the enactment of the Immigration Reform Act and Control Act that bans the employment of illegal aliens in the United States. The law applies to the hiring, recruiting, or referring for employment of illegal aliens. All employers are covered regardless of the number of...
- IMMIGRANTS VS. BLACKS. Jones, Joyce // Black Enterprise;Jun2008, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p38
The article focuses on the participation of a group of labor economists and immigration experts in an April 2008 debate held by the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights on the issue of immigration and race. Specifically, the Commission wanted to know the effects of the influx of new and, in...
- Abstracts of Contributions and Profiles of the Authors. // Review of Black Political Economy;Summer/Fall2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1/2, p3
Presents abstracts of several articles concerning immigration in the U.S. "Economic Well-Being of Black Americans: The Overarching Influence of U.S. Immigration Policies," by Vernon M. Briggs Jr.; "Immigration and the Black-White Color Line in the United States," by Jennifer Lee, Frank D. Bean,...
- Job-based immigration on the rise. // Techniques: Making Education & Career Connections;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p7
Focuses on the Immigration and Naturalization Service's report on the rise in the number of job-related immigrations in the United States, from 85,000 in 1995 to 117,000 in 1996. Visa category for the `priority worker'; Implications of the numbers for American workers.
- Door Knockers. Romeo, Peter // Restaurant Business;4/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the practice of precaution in allowing the immigrant workers to enter and stay in the U.S. Legislation for legal immigrants to apply for residency without leaving the country; Ways of monitoring the flow of persons to and from Mexico; Factors influencing the need for immigration reform.
- That's Hospitality. // New Republic;4/17/2006, Vol. 234 Issue 14, p7
In this article the editors of the magazine comment on the immigration views of President George W. Bush. They acknowledge that his views are less draconian than those of some Republican members of congress, but they find fault with his plan to allow immigrant guest workers in the United States....
- Are immigrants displacing black workers? James, Daniel // Population & Environment;Sep95, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p59
Contends that the blacks in the United States are being displaced from the workforce with the increase in Hispanic and Asian migration. Population age group affected; Analysis of the historic migration cycle.
- The New Immigration and the Challenge to Black Labor in the United States. Green, Charles // Wadabagei: A Journal of the Caribbean & Its Diasporas;Winter2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p46
The article explores the opinion of native-born African American males on the impact of immigrant labor on their economic security in the U.S. It states that African-American males blamed alien labor, particularly by Latinos and Mexicans, as a primary cause of their unemployment. The author...
- THE FUTURE OF INTERNATIONAL LABOR MIGRATION. Martin, Philip L.; Houston, Marion F. // Journal of International Affairs;Fall/Winter79, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p311
Presents an analysis and forecast on international labor migration as of September 1979. Trends in labor migration in Western Europe; Information on labor migration in the U.S.; Trends in labor migration in the Middle East.