EXCO: More Oil/Gas Assets on The Block
- EXCO Explores Alternatives. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p21
The article focuses on options being considered by EXCO Resources in the proposed purchase by its Chairman and Chief Executive Douglas Miller.
- Towry buys Deverill Black & Co from Lighthouse for Â£0.5m. Glenister, Michael // Money Marketing (Online Edition);12/20/2013, p9
The article reports that Lighthouse has sold its 50.1 percent holding in subsidiary and AR firm Deverill Black & Co. to Towry. Lighthouse says that it concluded the holding in Deverill Black was not strategic in nature and decided to sell its stake for. In 2012, Deverill Black showed a pre-tax...
- ICI India Q4 net profit seen at Rs 179.9 cr. // Paintindia;Jan2009, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p147
The article reports on an increase in profit posted by ICI India for the quarter ended December 31, 2008. It sis noted that the results for the quarter are not comparable with those in 2007 due to divestment of the Adhesives business in early part of 2008. Exceptional items for the period are...
- Waiting for a return to profit. // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2005, Issue 5446, p6
Presents the Walker Greenbank's graph depicting the share price responding to the sale of Norwegian subsidiary Borge Holdings and the return to profit in the first half of the year.
- WMI to sell Bio Gro unit. McMullen, Cheryl A. // Waste News;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p3
Focuses on the sale of Waste Management Inc. subsidiary, the Bio Gro Division of Wheelbrator Water Technologies Inc. Reason for sale of business; Impact of sale on Bio Gro; Company background of Bio Gro.
- MYOB Sells Canadian Unit. // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p12
Presents the selling of Canadian operations of MYOB Limited to Intuit Canada Limited. Anticipation of the company as a competitive environment in a maturing market; Subsidiaries of the company.
- Golden rules for selling off. Bhattacharya, Keron // Accountancy;Jul1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1067, p76
Offers suggestions on how to sell off weak subsidiaries. Strategic planning; Rationalization based on strategic thinking; Role of the company's accounting systems; Tax implication; Significance of an appropriate cut-off point.
- Sale of subsidiaries. // Accountancy;Apr89, Vol. 103 Issue 1148, p22
Highlights Great Britain-based companies involved with selling their subsidiaries. Values of the deals; Sellers and acquirers of the assets.
- Tax on sale of subsidiary. Farris, John; Holgate, Peter // Accountancy;May94, Vol. 113 Issue 1209, p98
This article explains that Great Britain accounting law requires that the profit on sale of a subsidiary company to be shown separately on the face of the profit and loss account after operating profit. Financial Reporting Standard Three and the Companies Act require disclosure of circumstances...