- School Bullying: Definition, Types, Related Factors, and Strategies to Prevent Bullying Problems. Piskin, Metin // Educational Sciences: Theory & Practice;Nov2002, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p555
Presents a study that examined bullying among school children. Definition of bullying; Determination of the gender and age differences in bullying; Characteristics of bullies and victims of bullying.
- Being the BULLY. Perry, Bruce D. // Scholastic Action;10/16/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p20
Interviews a 14-year old school girl about bullying.
- Watch D.O.G.S. Hilsenbeck, Kim // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);9/12/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 24, p3B
The article focuses on Watch D.O.G.S. program which has been launched by National Center for Fathering to provide protection to students at schools against bullying activities.
- Identify and Reduce Bullying in Your Classroom. Lock, Robin H.; Trautman, Melissa L. // Intervention in School & Clinic;Mar2003, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p243
Discusses the ways of addressing bullying in the classroom. Definition of bullying; Types of bullying that children are most likely to encounter; Ways of creating a team of support for the child.
- Attribution of meaning to terms related to bullying: A comparison between teacher's and pupil's perspectives in Italy. Menesini, Ersilia; Fonzi, Ada; Smith, Peter K. // European Journal of Psychology of Education - EJPE (Instituto Su;Dec2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p393
Presents a study that compared the views of pupils and teachers on bullying behavior among children in Italy. Analysis of a cartoon structure used in the study; Comparison of differences in the perspectives of teachers and students; Results and implications for intervention policies against...
- Name Calling and the Peer Beliefs of Elementary School Children. Dennis, Mary Julia B. // Professional School Counseling;Dec99, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p76
Explores the name calling practices among elementary school children in the United States. Concept of name calling or bullying; Comparison of the grade level, gender and racial differences in the children's experience of name calling; Relationship between name calling and peer beliefs;...
- Children look for help dealing with bullies. Neighbours, Andrea // Christian Science Monitor;12/29/97, Vol. 90 Issue 23, p10
Presents information on bullying in schools and discusses options for parents. Nancy Mullin-Rindler of Wellesley Center for Women on a curriculum to teach kids how to respond to bullying; Parents not knowing what to do; Importance of parents and teachers believing the child; Parents questioning...
- Rural Elementary Students', Patients', and Teachers' Perceptions of Bullying. Stockdale, Margaret S.; Hangaduambo, Saidou; Duys, David; Larson, Karl; Sarvela, Paul D. // American Journal of Health Behavior;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p266
Examines the prevalence of bullying in rural elementary schools. Correlation between students, parents and teachers; Association of the reports of students to aggression, attitudes toward violence and perceptions of school safety; Need of parents and teachers to pay attention to the bullying...
- A Profile of Bullying at School. Olweus, Dan // Educational Leadership;Mar2003, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p12
Examines the prevalence of bullying among school children. Definition of bullying; Information on common myths about bullying; Details on the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program.