- Role for libraries in literacy backed. // Library Journal;1/1/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p12
Assesses the extent to which libraries divert resources to nonlibrary users, including the illiterate. Impact of illiteracy on schools; Library services to illiterate people; Problems with literacy.
- Effects of electronic information resources skills training for lecturers on pedagogical practices and research productivity. Bhukuvhani, Crispen; Chiparausha, Blessing; Zuvalinyenga, Dorcas // International Journal of Education & Development using Informati;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p16
Lecturers use various electronic resources at different frequencies. The university library's information literacy skills workshops and seminars are the main sources of knowledge of accessing electronic resources. The use of electronic resources can be said to have positively affected lecturers'...
- Zero to nineteen. Doyle, Suzie // Paediatric Nursing;Nov2005, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p11
The article reviews the web site www.0-19.co.uk.
- National Assessments of Adult Literacy. Deane, Paul // Library Journal;9/1/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 14, p51
Reviews the National Assessments of Adult Literacy web site.
- the technophile. Schwarzwalder, Robert // EContent;Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p65
Presents a commentary on the state of the information industry in the United States. Visions of the information profession; Professional divergence concerning the electronic management of information; Opportunities that lie ahead the information profession.
- Literacy and Computers. Rappaport, Susan // Library Journal;10/1/1985, Vol. 110 Issue 16, p74
Discusses the use of computers in adult literacy projects at the New York Public Library. Selection of hardware; Examples of how helpful computers could be in working with adults; Determination that using word processing seems to establish a relationship with language; Computer's ability to...
- One Step at a Time. Dowling, Thomas // Library Journal;Fall2001 Net Connect, Vol. 126 Issue 17, p36
Explains how to change the uniform resource locator (URL) of a Web site. Problems which can be encountered when changing the location of a site; Tips for moving a site without alienating users; Recommendation to seek a permanent URL.
- Online Information 2006, London, UK. Heslop, Katy; MacDonald, Linda // One-Person Library;Mar2007, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p3
This article presents information on the conference papers related to online information which were published in newspapers in London, England. They include "Information Masterclass: Professionalism: Just How Professional Do You Need to Be," presented by Sue Hill of Sue Hill Recruitment,...
- PRICELESS RESOURCES. Smith, Jennifer L. // Black Enterprise;Aug2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p130
Recommends several educational Web sites. Logos.net; Recipelink.com; Ineedmoretime.com.