- Is Your Diet Up To Snuff? This Website Will Tell You. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Oct2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p3
Features a Web site designed to provide information on nutrition and diet.
- Health talk. // World Almanac for Kids;1996, p112
Provides definitions for some of the words that are used in food packaging. Information about nutrients, including carbohydrates, proteins and vitamins; Details about calories and how to maintain a healthy weight; Focus on fats and cholesterol, including information about what foods are healthy...
- The national nutrition quiz! // Body Bulletin;Mar1994, p1
Offers a test of nutrition knowledge with a self-scoring answer guide which was developed by `Prevention' magazine and the Food Marketing Institute. Information on blood cholesterol levels; Percentage of calories from fat in daily intake; Dietary fiber. INSET: What your total score means..
- PASSCLAIM — Synthesis and review of existing processes. Richardson, David P.; Affertsholt, Tage; Asp, Nils-Georg; Bruce, Åke; Grossklaus, Rolf; Howlett, John; Pannemans, Daphne; Ross, Richard; Verhagen, Hans; Viechtbauer, Volker // European Journal of Nutrition;Mar2003 Supplement, Vol. 42 Issue 1, pi96
Summary. Several approaches to the use of health claims on foods have been made around the world, and the common theme is that any health claim will require scientific validation and substantiation. There is also broad consensus that any regulatory framework should protect the consumer, promote...
- How well are you eating? EN helps you rate your plate. Purtell, Lisa // Environmental Nutrition;Oct96, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Presents a quiz for readers to determine if they are eating a healthful diet. Consumption of red meat; Types of milk or cheese to eat; Sample of a good breakfast.
- There's some good in everything, even (gulp!) popular diets. Winter, Dayna // Environmental Nutrition;Feb2000, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p2
Examines the effect of diets recommended by best-selling diet books on people's nutrient intake.
- 10 tips for a healthier diet. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Mar1998, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p5
Presents tips from The Center for Science in the Public Interest on what to eat as part of a healthy diet. Cheese; Fat intake; Processed foods; Snacks.
- USDA's Healthy Eating Index and Nutrition Information. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1998, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p57
Presents a study which estimated the effect of nutrition information on overall diet quality of people in the United States as measured by the Healthy Eating Index (HEI). Information on the components of the HEI; Findings of the study; Conclusions.
- A Proposed Model of the Use of Package Claims and Nutrition Labels. Szykman, Lisa R.; Bloom, Paul N.; Levy, Alan S. // Journal of Public Policy & Marketing;Fall97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p228
Presents information on a study which proposed a conceptual model in the use of nutrition labels and on-package claims. Discussions on diet in the United States; Information containing the conceptual model; Theoretical background and hypothesis; Methodology of the study; Policy implications;...
- A dozen dos & don'ts. Liebman, Bonnie // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jun96, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p11
Presents pointers on ways to maintain proper diet and nutrition. Includes avoidance of fatty meats; Plant foods; Use of low-fat milk; Drinking of alcoholic beverages.