GLOBAL INVESTING: NEW FORCES AT WORK
- Country Conditions. // Political Risk Yearbook: Venezuela Country Report;2008, p1
The article presents information on the investment climate in Venezuela. Venezuela officially encourages foreign investment and provides equal treatment to local and foreign companies. The Government of Venezuela adopted three laws in the early 1990's to promote free market competition and...
- Determinant Of Foreign Direct Investment: Is It A Better Prescription For Economic Growth In Africa? Owusu-Antwi, George // International Business & Economics Research Journal;Jul2012, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p757
The disappointing economic performance of African countries beginning in the late 1970s up until the mid-1990s, coupled with the globalization of activities in the world economy, has led to a regime shift in favor of outward-looking development strategies. Over the past three decades, Africa's...
- The new world order of mega cities. // Enterprise (Pakistan);Aug2011, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p19
The article discusses the need for an increase in foreign investments for megalopolis development. It notes that higher production costs have resulted in the integration of an urbanization approach in international competition. It mentions that massive urban concentration projects for...
- Part Five: An Introduction to Doing Business in Ukraine's Regions: An Introduction to Investing in the Regions. Henson, Alica; Bunt, Brad // Doing Business with Ukraine;2005, p399
This chapter offers information on the market potential of Ukraine's regions for foreign investments. There are various factors that should prompt investors to invest in the regions. First, there is less competition and a large untapped market. Second, there is less corruption. Third, cost of...
- GLOBALIZATION AND THE EVOLUTION OF THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL SYSTEM IN THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS. Carmen, Boghean // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;2014, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p418
Globalisation is best exemplified nowadays by the stage of integration of thecapital markets. The free movement of capital engages the countries in a globalcompetition, makes them vulnerable in front of the multitude of speculative transactions.The globalisation comprises change processes of a...
- THE INVESTMENTS AND THE ECONOMIC RELAUNCH. Văduva, Maria // Annals of the University of Petrosani Economics;2007, Vol. 7, p345
In the filed of the real economy, now, our country does not need new objectives but especially the modernization of the existent ones. Definitively, the policy of attraction of the foreign capital especially aims at the modernization of the existent enterprises, which have old and used devices...
- Fast Money: Global Markets Change the Investment Game. Reynolds, Larry // Management Review;Feb92, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p60
Deals with the impact of globalization on investments. Factors that contributed to the global growth of the securities business; Major problems associated with global securities markets; Efforts exerted by international banks to create harmony among securities businesses around the world.
- 31% leap in spending. // Finance Week;3/3/2003, p12
Reports on the projected increase in South African capital expenditure for 2003. Impact of increased spending on economic growth; Cash available for companies for foreign direct investment.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/17/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 44, p38
Depicts foreign investments in the United States recent as of November 17, 2003. Global energy insurance volume; Name of investment issuer; Financial institutions involved in the investment.