Making Sense of the War in Iraq
- 'Key of Heaven.'. Maloney, James H. // Our Sunday Visitor;12/19/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 34, p12
The author relates a heroic act his father did during war on the Western Front.
- The War of the Senses: Two roads diverge in the politicaly charged woods of America. Which one will we choose? Bass, Rick // Orion Magazine;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
This article suggests that the future of the U.S. is not about war but rather it is in the hearts of the people living in it. Description of Yaak Valley in Montana; Difference between courage and bravery; Suggested revolutionary act to protect the country.
- Memorial Day offers a lesson. Snow, Tony // Caribbean Business;5/31/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p26
Reflects on the heroism and courage displayed by people who died for the United States during the war. Significance of the headstones at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia; Reminder for succeeding generations to prevent hostilities; Importance of advanced weapons for strategic...
- The Race of Heroes Is Not Dead. // America;9/5/1914, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p503
The author looks into the race of heroes which he considers is not dead. He states that the many details of the progress of the war that appears in newspapers are much of a thrilling and heroic character. He feels that while admiring the bravery of the army, one should think that armies fighting...
- VIETNAM WAR NARRATIVES AND THE MYTH OF THE HERO. Fertel, R.J. // War, Literature & the Arts: An International Journal of the Huma;Spring/Summer1999, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p268
Examines Vietnam War stories and the myth of heroism. Traumas to the young soldiers in the Vietnam War; Debate on the causes of the US loss in the Vietnam war; Achievement of true heroism.
- Courage in War (Book). Massis, Bruce E. // Library Journal;6/1/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 11, p1306
Reviews the book 'Courage in War,' by Sarah Shears.
- Wartime Courage: Stories of Extraordinary Courage by Exceptional Men and Women in World War Two. STEWART, ANDREW // Global War Studies;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p95
No abstract available.
- American idle. Reed, Bruce // Blueprint;Mar2005, Vol. 2005 Issue 1, p25
Comments on the desire of the U.S. public to reach for a higher purpose and heroism. Contrast between World War II and the war of the U.S. against terrorism; Details of the book "Return to Greatness: How America Lost Its Sense of Purpose and What It Needs to Do to Recover It," by Alan Wolfe;...
- After Fear. // New Republic;10/29/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 18, p9
Looks at the effect of terrorism on Americans, in light of anthrax and terrorist attacks on the U.S. Discussion of statements made about the odds of being attacked with anthrax, and the view that there is a difference between the chances of an auto accident and an anthrax attack; Discussion of...