- Fading prospects for peace. Blanford, Nicholas // Middle East;Mar2000, Issue 299, p16
Reports impact of escalation of violence in south Lebanon on the peace negotiations between Syria and Israel. Bombing of Lebanese electricity sub-stations; Role of Lebanon on the peace process; Involvement of the Shia Muslim Hizbullah insurgent movement; Sentiments of the Lebanese media on the...
- The luring of Syria. Martin, Josh // Middle East;Mar2000, Issue 299, p23
Focuses on the economic offers by the European Union (EU) and the United States to Syria for the attainment of peace agreement with Israel. Initial response of the Syrian government on the economic incentives; Discussions on the Mediterranean Basin strategy of EU known as MEDA II; Implications...
- The quest for peace. HAYES, SUSAN // Scholastic Update;12/14/98, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p6
Probes into the Middle East peace agreement between Israel and Palestine. Overview of the peace treaty; Factor that triggered the nations' dilemma; Implication of the peace treaty; Opposition against the treaty.
- Shaped by conflict. // Scholastic Update;12/14/98, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p10
Offers a brief background information on the Middle East peace treaty between Israel and Palestine. Situation in 1890s; Creation of Israel on May 14, 1948; Protest staged by the Palestinians in 1987; Agreement reached on October 23, 1998.
- What hope for peace? // Junior Scholastic;10/20/97, Vol. 100 Issue 4/5, p5
Comments on a peace plan by the Palestinians and the Israelis in regards to the claiming of land. What was agreed by the parties; Who has opposed the agreement.
- Lebanon heats up as peace stays chilled. Peterson, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;9/16/96, Vol. 88 Issue 204, p6
Discusses the impact of the peace talks between Israel and Syria on Lebanon. Expectations of renewed conflict amid talks that Hisbullah militia is rearming; Battle between Israel and Syria through proxy armies; Likelihood that Hizbullah may continue its attacks if Syria makes peace with Israel.
- Get peace back on track. // Christian Science Monitor;10/2/96, Vol. 88 Issue 216, p20
Editorial. Discusses the peace process in the Middle East, that was destroyed due to the explosion of violence in the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and Gaza. Information on the role of the United States in acting as mediator between Israel, and Palestine; Examination of the summit between Israeli...
- Israeli Society between the Culture of Death and the Culture of Life. Bar-On, Dan // Israel Studies;Fall97, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p88
Focuses on the trauma associated with the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. Perception of Palestinian leadership on the Jewish immigration; Effects of the establishment of the State of Israel; Impact of the peace process in the Middle East on Israeli society.
- Why Barak Blew It. // Tikkun;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p6
Editorial. Deals with the failure of the Camp David II peace negotiation between Israel and Palestine. Comments on the political leadership of Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak; Suggestions on how to win the Israeli majority for peace.