Can Vegetarian Diets Improve Your Health?
- Carrot & stick. // Vegetarian Times;Nov97, Issue 243, p26
Comments on the articles `Veggie Propagandists Preying on Kids Should Find Another Turf,' by Doug MacEachern and `All Creatures Great and Small,' by Mary Tyler Moore which are about vegetarianism.
- The meatless revolution: Good for your health, good for the planet. Schlossberg, Brandi // Massage Magazine;Sep/Oct2004, Issue 111, p112
Discusses the health and environmental benefits of a meat-less diet. Growth in the U.S. market for vegetarian foods; Steps recommended in planning a vegetarian diet; Health and ecological reasons for switching from a meat to a vegetarian diet; Appropriateness of vegetarian diet to people of all...
- Nutrition is Possible With Vegan Diet. Khan, Ayesha // News India Times;08/26/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p2
The author discusses how vegan diet can lead to a healthy life. She stresses the importance of planning a diet that has all the nutritional supplements to avoid deficiencies. She emphasizes that despite that the success of a vegan diet lies in enjoying variety of foods, it can deprive an...
- Plant-Based Diets in Crohn's Disease. Mitsuro Chiba; Hideo Ohno; Hajime Ishii; Masafumi Komatsu // Permanente Journal;Fall2014, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p94
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Nutritional Update for Physicians: Plant-Based Diets" by P. J. Tuso, M. H. Ismail, B. P. Ha and C. Bartolotto in the Spring 2013 issue of the journal.
- Are you eating the wrong veggies? Gallia, Katherine; Althoff, Susanne // Natural Health;Sep2000, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p24
Reveals how much of the average United States diet is comprised of fresh vegetables. Top three vegetables eaten in the U.S.; Vegetable sources of folic acid and vitamin C.
- Pyramid power for vegetarians. // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Feb99, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the development of the Vegetarian Diet Pyramid by nutrition scientists from Cornell and Harvard universities in cooperation with the Oldways Preservation & Exchange Trust. Consumption of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes at every meal; Moderate intake of alcohol; Healthful...
- HOW CAN I STOP SEASONAL sniffles? Barnard, Neal // Vegetarian Times;Jul/Aug2006, Issue 342, p18
The article deals with the role of diet in the prevention of allergies and asthma. Nutrition plays a major role in asthma, and there is increasing evidence that foods can affect seasonal allergies. Repeated studies have shown that people who eat more fruits and vegetables have reduced risk of...
- Meat or two veg? Health aspects of unusual and exotic diets. Heaton, K. W. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Jun1986, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p369
The article focuses on the increase in the number of British people who adopt vegetarianism as discussed at a meeting of the Forum on Food and Health of the Royal Society of Medicine in London, England in November 1985. Doctor T. A. B. Sanders of King's College presented evidence that...
- healing foods. Edmonds, Bryce // Natural Solutions;Jan2009, Issue 113, p39
Various reports on the health benefits of vegetables are presented. It discusses several issues related to vegetarianism or vegetarian diet and its advantages as well as notes the 8 must-have foods for vegetarians including almond butter, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and nutritional yeast. It...