- Operators say parents are to blame for children's unhealthy choices. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/24/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4511, p9
The article reports that operators in Great Britain have hit back at a report suggesting that the growing trend for families to eat out in restaurants is intensifying the problem of childhood obesity. A survey conducted for Channel 4's Dispatches programme found that 70 percent of children's...
- Overweight Tops Even Smoking as Health Risk. // Environmental Nutrition;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the phone survey on obesity conducted by RAND Institute in the United States. Comparison between obesity and chronic health conditions; Identification of poverty as predictor of health problems; Percentage of obese people.
- SA's battle against the bulge. Bateman, Chris // CME: Continuing Medical Education;May2013, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p193
The article focuses on a survey by the South Africa (SA) Medical Research Council which revealed that 61% of the South African population is overweight, obese or morbidly obese.
- ADULT OBESITY. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Sep2010, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p14
The article reports on the results of a survey made by Trust for America's Health (TFAH) and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) which reveal that adult obesity rates have increased in 28 states in 2009 while a decline was only noted in the District of Columbia (D.C.).
- Canadians are motivated to lose weight despite setbacks. // Asian Pacific Post;7/7/2011, p5
The article discusses the result of a survey which revealed that 84 percent of Canadians with severe obesity are motivated to lose weight and most of them are motivated because they want to improve their overall health.
- Brake for breakfast. // Asian Pacific Post;4/2/2009, p10
The article reports on a survey conducted by Christine Bennett of the healthcare body, Bupa, which found that school children who skip breakfast may become obese adults.
- Low-Carb FOOD. Foley, Denise; Poust, Jenny // Prevention;Jan2004, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p131
Deals with products tested for their carbohydrate contents. Percentage of U.S. citizens who are overweight according to a survey by the National Marketing Institute; Information on Atkins Endulge Wafer Crisp Bar-Chocolate; Details on Eli's Cheesecake-Plain.
- Canadians motivated to shed excess pounds. // South Asian Post;1/12/2012, p5
The article offers information on a survey conducted by the Canadian Obesity Network-RÃ©seau canadien en obÃ©sitÃ© which indicated that 84% of Canadians with severe obesity are motivated to lose weight and eight in 10 respondents say their main motivating factor is to improve their overall...
- Update on overweight in adolescents. // American Family Physician;3/1/1995, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p976
Highlights the results of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey III. Prevalence of overweight for persons aged 12 to 19 years; Factors behind obesity; Publication of the full report in the November 11, 1994 issue of the journal `Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.