Promoting Literacy: Resources of the National Institute for Literacy
- Introducing Excalibur. // Adults Learning;Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p6
Provides information on Excalibur, a practice database that will support continuous improvement of learning and skills providers, launched by the Adult Learning Inspectorate (ALI). Advantages of the database; Details on the case studies included in the database; Plans of ALI for the database.
- PARTNERSHIP FOR CARERS. // Adults Learning;Dec2004, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the partnership of the organizations Carers UK and NIACE to promote interest in lifelong learning among carers in England. Objectives of the "Caring and Learning" information resource produced by the organizations.
- IRA + makes the grade. // Reading Today;Feb/Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on the opportunities offered by the International Reading Association (IRA) for literacy development. Information on IRA+, a comprehensive collection of literacy resources launched by IRA; Advantage offered by the program.
- ON THE HORIZON. // Illinois Literacy;Fall2005, p4
Presents a calendar of various literacy conferences in the U.S. in October and November 2005, including the 11th Annual National Even Start Association National Conference and the Fall Conference of the Adult Learning Resource Center.
- Noticeboard. // Literacy Today;Dec2003, Issue 37, p28
Provides resources and information on events concerning British literacy programs posted at the National Literacy Trust's Web site as of December 2003. Publication of NATE's report on guided reading; Availability of resources for teaching phonics from TTS.
- A new world of online resources. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
Presents information on the launch of the revamped version of the web site of the International Reading Association. Features of the web site; Advantages of the online edition of the journals; Impact of the revamped site on literacy information accessibility.
- ARA+ service draws interest. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p33
Reports on the collection of information resources on literacy offered by the International Reading Association for a single discounted price. Purpose of the resources; Views of educational institutions on the collection; List of resources offered for subscribing schools, school districts or...
- Is What's Right for the Rich Not Right for the Poor? CARA, SUE // Adults Learning;Jan99, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p20
Reflects on the bids for funding received by the Adult and Community Learning Fund. Purpose of the Adult and Community Learning Fund; Information on the first two groups of projects that the Government has funded; Reason behind the little interest in using or focusing on the traditional...
- Gracefully ageing. // Adults Learning;Sep99, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Focuses on Green Candle, an organization founded by artistic director Fergus Early in 1987, which supports adult learning. Philosophy of the organization; What the organization offers to older people; Information on the organization's `Home' project.