Britain opens first repository to speed work on stem cells
- THIS MONTH IN ODYSSEY. Lindstrom, Elizabeth E. // Odyssey;Oct2004, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1
Presents information related to stem cell research.
- Stem Cells. Bodach, Vijaya Khisty // Odyssey;Oct2004, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Presents information on stem cells research.
- Stem cell research. Williams, Armstrong // New York Amsterdam News;7/12/2001-7/18/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 28, p8
Focuses on controversy concerning the stem cell research in the United States. Support of president Bill Clinton on the research initiative; Nature and advantages of stem cell research; Appeal from the anti-abortion advocates and pro-medical development on the research program.
- From the editors. // Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology;Jun2011, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p341
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including protein control, identity and properties of mesenchymal stem cells and tissue regeneration.
- From the editors. // Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology;Feb2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p71
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article by Izpisua Belmonte and colleagues on the ability of cells to dedifferentiate, transdifferentiate or reprogramme, one by Silberstein and colleagues on the nature of mesenchymal stemcells, and cell-to-cell...
- Human embryonic stem cells: The future is now. Keller, Gordon; Snodgrass, H. Ralph // Nature Medicine;Feb99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p151
The development of human embryonic stem cells as a research tool and therapeutic option offers a number of potential applications including the replacement of damaged tissues.
- Corrigendum: Quantifying cell-generated mechanical forces within living embryonic tissues. Campàs, Otger; Mammoto, Tadanori; Hasso, Sean; Sperling, Ralph A; O'Connell, Daniel; Bischof, Ashley G; Maas, Richard; Weitz, David A; Mahadevan, L; Ingber, Donald E // Nature Methods;Mar2014, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p349
A correction to the article related to quantifying cell-generated mechanical forces in living embryonic tissues is presented.
- Understanding Stem Cells. // Diabetes Health;Mar2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p14
Presents information on the types of stem cells. Qualities of embryonic stem cells; Number of tissues in humans containing adult stem cells; Uses of adult stem cells in research.
- Scientists Turn to Post-Genomic Methods to Circumvent Potential Restrictions. // PharmaGenomics;Jun2003, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the European Union directive that would put a ban on research on embryonic stem cells and therapeutic cloning in Europe. Impact of the directive on Great Britain; Advantage of using fetal cells over embryonic cells; Details of the technology developed by CellFactors for fetal cell...