INTELLIGENCE IN MOTION AND BEYOND
- Online machine shop. // Motion System Design;Oct2007, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p20
The article explores how small and medium machine builders in the U.S. design their motion control devices. It is stated that companies have increased value-added standard engineering projects to streamline every aspect of machine design, build and procurement. However, small and medium machine...
- Micropositioning meets. Rekowski, Ron // Motion System Design;Oct2007, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p42
The article offers information about mechatronic design. It is stated that mechatronic design is more of a holistic approach to product design, where the tradeoffs between different functional components are considered for their impact on overall performance. Moreover, the process' goal is to...
- Linear Motion. HAYES, CLINT // Machine Design;11/07/2013, Vol. 85 Issue 14, p66
The article offers tips for engineers to achieve precise linear motion in machine design. Precision is a combination of accuracy and repeatability with six areas including positioning accuracy, machine resonance, and speed. It suggests that engineers should consider precision based from the...
- The times are a'changing. // Design Engineering;Feb2001, p42
Focuses on the design changes in motion control machines in Great Britain. Complexity of the motion control programming; Rise in canned software; Trend towards fieldbus networked architectures; Demand for stepper motor control axes.
- Productivity in Motion. // Machine Design;09/21/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 18, preceding p8
Introduces four motion control systems manufactured by Siemens based on open, modular designs supported by robust application software. Features of the products; Description of the control systems.
- Design Ideas. // Product Design & Development;Jan2002, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p26
Presents motion control systems for design engineering. HR Series motors from the Nanomotion; Step motor with lead screw shaft from the Danher Motion PMI.
- MACHINEDESIGN.COM. // Machine Design;11/16/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 22, p12
Presents updates about machine design as of November 16, 2000. Definition of MP3; Definition of adaptive control; Features of the MDcybercad web site; Information on the B2Bshowplace.com site.
- New Products. // Machine Design;03/09/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p286
Features several machine design products from different companies. Punch tooling from Mate Precision Tooling; Optima Series VME motion controller from Galil Motion Control Inc.; Level switches with shields from Barksdale Incorporated.
- Motion-control suppliers help cut design time. Lewis, John; Lewis, John, // Design News;4/21/97, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p25
Presents an overview of how software, integration and application services are used by motion-control machinery suppliers to help their engineers meet design goals. Reduction of time-to-market; Maximization of servo-control performance and increase in supplier support; Validation of published...