Whither the future of quantitative literacy research?
- Contemporary methods of quantitative data collection and analysis in literacy research. Reinking, David; Alvermann, Donna E. // Reading Research Quarterly;Jan-Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p94
Introduces a series of articles on methods of quantitative data collection and analysis in literacy research. Methods of quantitative data collection and analysis for educational and literacy researchers; Methodological limitations of literary research base employing quantitative methods; Key...
- Organizing and Evaluating Results From Multiple Reading Assessments. Rubin, Jim // Reading Teacher;May2011, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p606
The article describes organization and data analysis from multiple reading assessments to present achievement levels of elementary school students individually and collectively. The author discusses various reading comprehension assessments and aggregating the different assessments based on...
- Doing Quantitative Research in Education with SPSS Second edition. Cotterill, Nikki // Nurse Researcher;Jul2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p45
The article reviews the second edition of the book "Doing Quantitative Research in Education with SPSS," by Daniel Muijs.
- Kur'an KurslarÄ±nÄ± Konu Edinen Tezler Ãœzerine Bir Ä°nceleme. // Journal of Values Education;Jun2010, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p151
No abstract available.
- Establishing Student Competency in Qualitative Research: Can Undergraduate Nursing Students Perform Qualitative Data Analysis? Reising, Deanna L. // Journal of Nursing Education;May2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p216
Many undergraduate nursing programs require some level of research competency of their graduates. However, the competency level may vary depending on program goals and often is focused on quantitative methodologies. The purpose of this research was to determine nursing students' ability to...
- Methods that bridge quality and quantity. Northway, Ruth // Nurse Researcher;Jul2013, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Frank Donnelly and colleague on a particluar approach to data analysis and another by Marie Clancy on a central issue in qualitative data analysis.
- Understanding quantitative research: part 2. Hoare, Zoë; Hoe, Juanita // Nursing Standard;1/2/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p48
This article, which is the second in a two-part series, provides an introduction to understanding quantitative research, basic statistics and terminology used in research articles. Understanding statistical analysis will ensure that nurses can assess the credibility and significance of the...
- EDITORIAL. �vila, Mauricio Hern�ndez // Salud Pï¿½blica de Mï¿½xico;may2010 supplement 1, Vol. 52, pS1
The author reflects on the result of the National Health and Nutrition Survey 2006 in Mexico. He says that the analyses of information for the survey by the articles in the issue show sophistication and adherence to the standard research methodology for the information provided. He explains that...
- A New Tree-Ring-Based, Semi-quantitative Approach for the Determination of Snow Avalanche Events: Use of Classification Trees for Validation. Schláppy, Romain; Jomelli, Vincent; Grancher, Delphine; Stoffel, Markus; Corona, Christophe; Brunstein, Daniel; Eckert, Nicolas; Deschatres, Michael // Arctic, Antarctic & Alpine Research;Aug2013, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p383
On forested paths, dendrogeomorphology has been demonstrated to represent a powerful tool to reconstruct past activity of avalanches, an indispensable step in avalanche hazard assessment. Several quantitative and qualitative approaches have been shown to yield reasonable event chronologies but...