Tilting at wind farms
- FARMERS HELP CIRL BUNTING. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;11/14/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the recognition of the role of the Royal Society for the protection of Birds, English Nature and local farmers in Devon, England in increasing the cirl bunting population.
- US and Latin American groups join forces to protect birds at risk. D.S. // Christian Science Monitor;6/10/97, Vol. 89 Issue 136, p11
Reports on the efforts of the Partners in Flight (PIF) organization to protect various species of birds. Aims of the PIF; How they accomplish their goals; Names of other organizations who have similar aims to the PIF; Increasing awareness of the need for bird preservation.
- Assistance available to keep birds from oil spill. // Jackson Advocate;7/22/2010, Vol. 72 Issue 40, p3A
The article reports on the collaboration among conservation organizations in Mississippi to prevent birds from being oiled by the spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- ASSOCIATION OF PRODUCERS OF ECOLOGICAL ENERGY. Kiriakov, Valizar // Advances in Bulgarian Science;2008, Vol. 1, p38
The article features the Association of Producers of Ecological Energy (APEE). It says that the association was established from 16 firms willing to invest and to develop the ecological energy in Bulgaria. The APEE aims to protect the private initiative of Bulgarian contractors for production...
- For the Birds. Craves, Julie // Birder's World;Dec2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p46
Talks about the implications of U.S.-Cuba relations on bird conservation in Cuba as of 2002. Number of bird species exclusive to Cuba; Issue on the conservation of Neotropical migrants, or birds that breed in North America and winter in the tropics; Limited resources for Cuban ornithologists;...
- Well, at Least It's Not the Spotted Owl. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;11/27/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p34
Reports on the criticism of a draft rule in the United States that would grant a waiver of protections normally extended to eagles. Estimated number of the birds that Hopis smother each year.
- CORRECTION:. // Connecticut Warbler;Jan2013, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p21
A correction to an article on the participants in the Hartford Summer Bird Count that was published in the October 2012 issue is presented.
- Legislation creating NYS Bird conservation signed into law. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/29/97, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p27
Reports that Governor George Pataki signed the New York State Bird Conservation Area Program into state law. Importance of the legislation in the Audubon's Important Bird Area; Cooperation of the National Audubon Society in the passage of the law.
- CURRENT BIRD CONSERVATION ISSUES IN AFRICA. Brooks, Thomas; Thompson, Hazell Shokellu // Auk (American Ornithologists Union);Jul2001, Vol. 118 Issue 3, p575
Presents bird conservation issues in Africa as of July 2001. Distributional information on African bird conservation; Problems in moving global- and continental-level priorities down to the regional and national scale; Challenges in the implementation of bird conservation issues.