SEX ED: ARE YOU GETTING ENOUGH?
- EDUCATION. O.'C., M. J. // America;10/4/1913, Vol. 9 Issue 26, p620
The article covers issues related to education of interest to the Catholic community in the U.S. as of October 1913. It notes that the 19th annual report of Right Reverend Philip R. McDevitt, superintendent of the Catholic schools in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, offers information on areas such...
- Domestic Disturbances. Fagan, Patrick F. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Jan2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p42
The article discusses the competition between the cultures of monogamy and polyamory in Western civilization. It is stated that differences between the two can be examined in the areas of religion, freedom and moral norms. It notes that polyamory controls the critical areas of public policy such...
- Sex and the Catholic student. Woodard, Joe // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/22/95, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p38
Reports on parental protests against the manner of teaching sex education in Roman Catholic schools of Alberta, Canada. Contentions on parents' right to pull out their children from sex education classes; Comparison of moral and religious attitudes of Roman Catholic school students to public...
- Just Do It. Henneberger, Melinda // Commonweal;6/6/2008, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p7
The author reflects on Catholic sex education. She says high-end parents can be scary, as she is reminded every time she attends a parent meeting at school. Religious-ed teachers apparently steer clear of discussions about abortion when students raise the subject in class, for instance--because...
- "Well, maybe I'll try the pill for just a few months..." Brief Motivational and Narrative-based Interventions to Encourage Contraceptive Use Among Adolescents at High Risk for Early Childbearing. Cowley, Carol Bandura; Farley, Tillman; Beamis, Kathlynn // Families, Systems & Health: The Journal of Collaborative Family ;Summer2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p183
Discusses interventions to encourage contraceptive use among adolescents at high risk for early childbearing in the United States. Ambivalence about contracepting; Counseling interventions that include practices from Motivational Interviewing and Narrative Therapy; Desire to become better...
- Preventing unwanted pregnancies. Pearson, James F. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/14/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6803, p598
Reports on the establishment of a working party for the review of education and services related to contraception in Great Britain. Increase of unplanned and unwanted pregnancy; Teaching of sex education in schools; Knowledge on contraception.
- Making protection available. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Dec97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p10
Summarizes an article featured in September 19, 1997 issue of `Herald Sun' about a proposal to make contraceptives and pregnancy tests available to students at schools in Australia. Objective of the proposal; Call for education on contraceptions to be conducted in schools.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Nolan, David J. // Conscience: The News Journal of Catholic Opinion;Spring2011, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including abortion, contraception, and sexuality education.
- Sex Ed Offender. Balko, Radley // Reason;Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p11
The article reports on the implementation of the Healthy Youth Act which requires public schools to offer age-appropriate instruction in the use of contraceptives in Wisconsin.