Sparring over Mochovce
- NUCLEAR INFRASTRUCTURE QUESTIONED. Zink, John C. // Power Engineering;Nov2000, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p40
Examines the nuclear infrastructure in the United States. Information on the trends in the construction of nuclear power plants in the country; Factors to consider in the establishment of nuclear power plants; Concerns on the safety of nuclear power plants.
- 17% of world's power is nuclear. // Electric Light & Power;Dec97, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p23
Talks about the nuclear power plants operating around the world. Countries who were connected with nuclear power plants representing net electric capacity; Places where the construction of nuclear reactors started; Total nuclear generated electricity in 1996.
- Opponents celebrate nuclear showdown. // European Power News;Apr2002, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p5
Reports the celebration of opponents to the closure of Bradwell nuclear power station in Great Britain. Demand of Friends of the Earth organization for prohibition of power station construction; Plans of Ecotricity company to build power stations; Statement regarding nuclear power by campaigner...
- Brazil (finally) completes second nuclear unit. // Power;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 144 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the completion of Brazil's Angra Unit 2 nuclear power-plant. Reason the project was halted in 1988; Developer of the Angra-2 unit.
- Chernobyl containment. // International Construction;Nov2013, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p24
The article reports that a new confinement shelter worth $2.1 billion over the site of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster in Ukraine is in progress.
- Bradwell bids farewell. // Professional Engineering;4/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the closure of the nuclear power station Bradwell in Essex, England.
- Excess moisture slows Sizewell return. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;May2010, Issue 827, p10
The article reports on the impact of the failure to repair the cooling circuit of the Sizewell B nuclear power plant in Great Britain after excess moisture levels were discovered in the containment building on the plant's output.
- Morocco. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/4/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 49, p20
Reveals the five consortia which have been shortlisted to bid for a tender for the construction of the power plant at Tahaddart in Morocco. Expected date for the completion of two phases of the plant; Financiers of the project.
- UAE-NUCLEAR. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);4/26/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4838, p14
The article reports on the move of the government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to choose Baraka as its first nuclear power plant site, in the far west of the country.