- Creating Caring school communities. Schaps, Eric // Leadership;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p8
The article discusses the promotion of building students' connectedness or sense of community in school. The author explains that community building in schools can help character education, social and emotional learning, bullying and violence-prevention programs. He explains that the focus of a...
- The Bully Battle. RETTLER, ERIKA; RETTLER, KAITLYNN // Leadership for Student Activities;Nov2012, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p38
The article focuses on a mission of the students in the leadership class at Seymour High School in Wisconsin to teach elementary school students about bullying and how to create a positive school atmosphere through a program called Teens Teaching Bullying Prevention. It notes that the said...
- 10 Questions Students Should Ask. // Educational Leadership;Oct2012, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p29
Questions are presented which students can ask to prevent school bullying, including questions on school environment, teacher training in bullying prevention, and anti-discrimination policies, adapted from the "Bullying Prevention Initiative at the Harvard Graduate School of Education" document.
- Putting on the pink. // ATA News;3/11/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 13, p1
A photograph of students at Albert Lacombe Catholic Elementary School and Sports Academy in Saint Albert, Alberta wearing pink in recognition of Pink Shirt Day, a nationwide event to raise awareness about bullying, on February 26, 2014, is presented.
- Kids who terrorize kids. Kiger, Patrick J. // Good Housekeeping;Oct98, Vol. 227 Issue 4, p142
Discusses how parents can protect their children from school bullies who resort to vicious or violent acts. Real-life stories of children who were physically harmed by bullies; Responsibilities of the school when it comes to documenting bullying behavior and protecting students; Encouragement...
- Stopping the BULLY. Sharp, Benjamin C. // East Bernard Express (TX);8/10/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 33, p7
The article focuses on the actions undertaken by school officials in Texas to address school bullying. Teachers and officials alike are on the look-out for bullying among students. They are taught to distinguish between real and fake bullying problems. A program on anti-bullying hosted by Rob...
- Taking a Stand. McCann, Samantha // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;10/27/2014, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p4
The article features the Be a Buddy, Not a Bully program created by Isabella Griffin, a student at Alamosa Elementary School in Colorado. It mentions the harassment and bullying experienced by Griffin in third grade, her realization of the importance of standing up for others after helping a...
- Help Kids WELCOME Disabled Students. Klotz, Mary Beth // Education Digest;Feb2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p41
Offers suggestions and strategies that are designed to help school principals and teachers of inclusive schools to promote a positive and accepting learning environment. Development of empathy; Increase in volunteer activities; Elimination of bullying.
- Schoolwide Prevention of Bullying. // Washington Counseletter;Apr2008, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p3
The article presents information on the prevention of bullying in the school environment. Statistics of incidences and effects of bullying in schools in the United States are also disclosed. The article also provides some guidelines on how to address the issue including the assessment of the...