IN THE SPOTLIGHT
- Modern Healthcare Video. // Modern Healthcare;7/27/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p0013
This article encourages readers to visit periodical's online link to modernhealthcare.com/section/videos to know and learn the views of the 25 Women in Healthcare. The videos show these women's opinion on the industry and what they are doing at their own organizations to enhance health care. The...
- ON THE MOVE... // Modern Healthcare;2/2/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p33
Presents updates on executives in the health care industry in the U.S. as of February 2004. Appointment of Michael Rowan at Catholic Health Initiatives in Denver, Colorado; Resignation of Allan Stipe at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas, Nevada; Promotion of Meg Cleary at...
- Popular choices. Vesely, Rebecca // Modern Healthcare;3/9/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the positive reaction of health care providers in the U.S. to the selection of Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius as Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) secretary and Nancy-Ann DeParle as director of the White House Office on Health Reform. Kevin Conlin, president...
- WASHINGTON UPDATE. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Dec2010, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p10
The article offers updates related to health care industry in the U.S. which include a report from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the increased Medicaid funding by the Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP), and the issuance of a work plan for fiscal year 2011...
- At Deadline. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Feb2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p3
The article offers news briefs related to the healthcare industry in the U.S. including the win of Scott Brown in the Senate election, the call of health care groups to drop the Independent Payment Advisory Board proposal and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services list of the...
- The Coalition for 21st Century Medicine, Amicus Curiae. Lamken, Jeffrey A. // Supreme Court Debates;Sep2013, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p29
An excerpt from the the Amicus Curiae Brief for Respondents that was submitted to the U.S. Supreme Court in March 2013, involving the Coalition for 21st Century Medicine, is presented.
- Hospital Recruitment and Retention: Reflections for the Future. Gray, Robert J. // State Journal (WV);1/31/2014 Hospital Supplement, p20
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of starting his career in the healthcare industry in the U.S. in 1981 and witnessing the evolution of medical care as of February 2014.
- what you see in the distance. Fromberg, Robert // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr2013, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p30
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the emergence of revenue models in the healthcare industry in the U.S.
- The Inalienable Right. Rock, Robert H. // Directors & Boards;Winter92, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on how both the nation and the corporation can cope with the crisis in the U.S. health care system and another on the valuable insights on both near-term cost-containment initiatives as well as longer-term health...